Battery drains fast!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by dustinslee, Dec 16, 2011.

1. tacticalfats

tacticalfats Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I hope/pray these will be addressed soon.

2. Bresch

Bresch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you and i think the revolution is not needed for the operating system nor the screen. Its the battery thats too small..for my old phone there was a 800mAh battery, and that phone lasted me a few days easy..
    There are some great options for batteries, problem is they are still too expensive since they dont get manufactured in that volume they are needed..which is truly sad....maybe we'll get some good news soon? who knows..but yes as it is now..you cant use the iphone 4s nor the galaxy nexus too its full potential..because of battery life..and thats just sad..

google/vzw probably knew about the problem and are working on it, fixing problems is what google does best imo :p
    http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/21/...signal-problem-fix-coming-meter-being-changed

#266 Bresch, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  3. otter34

otter34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep I saw the commercial that said just that. Also don't use it as a hot spot for long. Thanks for telling us how we are supposed to use our phone. I know I appreciate it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

4. Bresch

Bresch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hade to find it out the hard way x)

5. GenieAngel

GenieAngel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I charged mine at night BEFORE retiring since it didn't get a whole day out of it. Went to bed on 100% wake up to 50% drain WITHOUT EVEN USING IT!

6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    As noted, there are some phones that have a problem with the Android OS and the "Keep Awake" time. In stock form and with every rom (except one) that I have installed, my "Keep Awake" time was always about 50-60% of my total battery time. If the phone had been off charger for 8 hours, I'd have 4-6 hours of Andorid OS "Keep Awake" time. This was true even if the phone had been in my pocket unused.

This rom specifically addresses the issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1402350 This is from post #1: "screen off (by user) timeout override -> by default android only uses a timeout when the screen times out by itself. this lets you force android to use the same timeout for when you turn the screen off yourself"

This has dramatically reduced my Keep Awake times and has helped my battery usage. YMMV

Good luck.

7. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Pretty decent day for me. GummyNex and Matrix 1.5 kernel clocked to 1.2 and undervolted (still trying to find my lowest values).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

8. kristinz84

kristinz84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm jealous! I'm just too nervous to root my phone yet.

9. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm pretty happy with the battery life on this, for a dual core 4.65 inch screen I was expecting to drain a lot faster. On stock ROM made a few phone calls, listen to Pandora on my way to work, did some browsing while waiting for my food, took a short video and some pictures thus the charging spike while transferring them to my laptop. Overall I'm happy.

View attachment 44676

10. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Do we agree that Anandtech is more accurate than other tech sites? If we agree on that....according to Anandtech's Bench tool...the Verizon G Nex battery life isnt as good as some other current phones, including the GSM G Nex. One could say, well yea....its isnt LTE. Well the biggest difference is talk time. The talk time of the Verizon G Nex is low, surprisingly low compared to other current phones.

They didn't review it yet, but included it on their Bench tool. So depending on what you do with this phone....battery life could be alot worse than other phones. Thats out the box. Custom kernels and extended batteries might be its saving grace for some ppl.

11. Htown315

Htown315 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I noticed this today. My battery was doing great until i got on a long call. I was losing over 15% an hour with data and screen off. Im still completely stock.

12. WookieClaws

WookieClaws Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I was pretty appalled at the battery drain. I bought the extended battery for $25 when I got the phone. I read on here a couple tips that appear to b helping. 1) I turned off NFC and 2) I turned off Facebook notifications.

I've been conditioning the battery for the past couple days. So far I've had the phone on for 5hrs 23min and I'm at 57%. I played some games, surfed a bit, and been reading posts here. Its early but this feels more in line with what I saw with my X2's battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

aldiko premium drains battery

droid phone battery drains fast

galaxy fit battery drain

my galaxy 3s battery is draining fast

my galaxy s4 battery discharges quickly

nexus 4 battery draining fast

s4 battery drain so fast

samsung 3s battery hours

why my samsung s4 battery drain very fast

why samsung s4 battery drain very fast