Battery drains fast!

PhishyKris

Reaction score
[h=2]Seidio 3800mAh batt![/h]
oh MAN this thing is going to be HUGE and it will NOT support NFC. I personally don't care about NFC and wonder what the case will look like.

seidioonline.com

vicky1377

Reaction score
I am stock rooted which you need to be for setCPU. Rooting was pretty easy. I used the instructions used on Droid-Life but others have had success with instructions on this forum

Here is the link to the rooting procedure I used.

Unlocking Bootloader here:
How to: Unlock the Galaxy Nexus Bootloader – Droid Life

Rooting Here:
How to: Root the Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE, Flash a Custom Recovery and Make a Backup [Verizon] – Droid Life

I just saw this today but have not personally tried it.
Simple Galaxy Nexus LTE Root/Unlock and Unroot/Re-Lock Tool Released – Droid Life

Good Luck
Cheers,
Jeff

I haven't been on this forum lately :). Thanks Jeff, much appreciated. YEah, I want to do the same. I just want to root it and keep the stock ROM for now since I'm happy with it at least for now, will see in near future if I decide to flash custom rom. I will certainly do backups first before I go further. I was on XDA developers for hours yesterday reading through the entire post, messages, replies, issues, resolutions etc.. all related to rooting. I'm a lead IT consultant myself. What do you think of this? I'm sure you might have already seen it though. Let me know what you think. Very interesting stuff and the guy really spent lots of time I guess. Thanks again.

[GN TOOLKIT V2.2] Unlock, Root, CWM + Flash Your 1ST Galaxy Nexus Rom For Newbs [GSM] - xda-developers

- Vick

Reaction score
Its Android OS sending/receiving data in the background that's the culprit. I've tried everything and turning data off is the only thing that worked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Uninstall Google+ or freeze it. After a reboot open then close the camera application. Some users have reported that the camera shutter hangs upon reboot and the only way to fix it is to open/close the app. Also in regards to google+ apparently its just a data syncing whore and chews up battery, I personally do both and have noticed much better battery life.

alboboy10

Reaction score
My phone is weird. Without data enabled this phone lasts forever even constantly texting.

But on standby on battery it dies pretty quick.

When I first got it it was different. Androids are very inconsistent in this

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone is weird. Without data enabled this phone lasts forever even constantly texting.

But on standby on battery it dies pretty quick.

When I first got it it was different. Androids are very inconsistent in this

Your phone isn't weird...that makes complete sense. With data disabled, its just like a dumb phone. It could go a week on a single charge.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
Yea but in the beginning even on 4g it was good. Let alone 3g it could last forever. Something I think is running in the background killing the battery. Android os when I don't touch it is at 50% almost.

I'm doing a reset now but I don't wanna lose everything. Since this phone doesn't have an SD card do you guys know how to back up the phone fully and restoring it later? I'm using my back up pro now.

Other phones don't die this quick with data enabled. Why do iPhones go on forever even with data on.

dureyes

Reaction score
Changing to 3G only

Go to settings go first selection "Wireless & Networks" and click on "More" than select "Mobile Networks" than select "Network Mode" and than select "CDMA" Done.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I know how to change to 3g...but the phone lately has had bad battery. Even on standby today in the morning with absolutely no use at all my phone went to 96% in like half an hour. That's pathetic. Android os was like 50%

Reaction score
Its Android OS. Google needs to get on this mess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know how to change to 3g...but the phone lately has had bad battery. Even on standby today in the morning with absolutely no use at all my phone went to 96% in like half an hour. That's pathetic. Android os was like 50%

That's normal and healthy for the battery. Not pathetic.

alboboy10

Reaction score
How's it healthy? My friends 4s doesn't do that. None of their iPhones do. Every android has this problem I think. There are days where it lasts more than others. I don't get it. With similar use.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you take the time to read through some of the battery threads here there are some that will explain it to you.

The IPhone may say 100% but it may in reality be 97%.

Customers would rather see 100% so the manufacturers make that happen. However for the health of the battery they never charge all the way. Android phones are more honest and in particular the Nexus.

How's it healthy? My friends 4s doesn't do that. None of their iPhones do. Every android has this problem I think. There are days where it lasts more than others. I don't get it. With similar use.