Battery draining too quick...

sanzoni

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I woke up at 8am and battery was drained by 130/2ish. I didn't have have my 4g turned off at my house ( I don't have it in my area yet) but am turning that off now to see how that goes. I use wifi at my house and when my phone was just about dead it said wifi was at 30%, cell standby was at 30%. I now, just turned off Verizon and google location services to see if that does anything. Anybody got any suggestions? Battery Mode without losing performance? 3g running as wifi is?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

sanzoni

Reaction score
Oh Yeh, and I would say moderate usage.

OP
S

sanzoni

Reaction score
I assumed that might help and I read that thread but the thing is because I have no 4g at my house, wifi is obviously faster then 3g, and I never had this much of a battery problem on my X2 and I left wifi on all the time?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It could just be a power management issue on the Bionic.

OP
S

sanzoni

Reaction score
Okay then what would I do wait for an update, I mean not everybody is having this problem.

dannyxiii

Reaction score
Have you tried to use the task manager that came on your phone? I just put all of the apps I don't want running all of the time in the auto end list. Maybe that'd help?

OP
S

sanzoni

Reaction score
Yeh I tried that too. I just got a gut feeling its related more to wifi and mobile networks then apps. I will just experiment and see what happens but anymore ideas please post them up.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Okay then what would I do wait for an update, I mean not everybody is having this problem.

Battery life like you're describing isn't uncommon. I'm in the middle of considering returning my Bionic for a new one. I'm reading the user reviews over at vzw and everyone there complains about the battery life.

Hopefully it's something that will be fixed in the upcoming f/w update.

OP
S

sanzoni

Reaction score
Okay so now this time... my phone went from 100% to 30% in 3 1/2 hours. No skype running. I really don't know what to do?!?!?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
There could be an issue with either the phone or the battery. You can go to where you purchased the phone and request a replacement. See if that does anything.

dmacarth

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too quick to judge the Bionic completely on this without some serious troubleshooting. Now that my battery is calibrated and the phone has settled in I'm getting very good battery life with moderate usage and wifi at all times. I always have at least 15% left after 16 hours of use.

OP
S

sanzoni

Reaction score
My battery stats at about 20% battery left said my voice calls took
34% of my total battery I only talked about 30 minutes total during this charge??

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me, battery life depends on where I am. At my house I can get at least 9 hours with everything on, but there my signal varies from 4G to 1X depending on where I am and wifi only if I'm within 4 feet of the transmitter. Other places with a better signal the battery lasts longer.

Last edited: