battery draining quickly

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Anyone having an issue with their battery draining twice as fast? My battery dropped 50%in 2hrs without use.....definitely not normal..... could it be an ap causing this????

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
And also its taking my phone a longer time to fully charge. Suggestions? ???

Efff

Reaction score
draining so fast

I have the same problem. Went to work 6:45am with 100% battery, left it inside my bag in the locker. Checked it aroung 10am, only 43% left. Vhecked it again around 12 noon, bat empty. Please help. :/

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I have the same problem. Went to work 6:45am with 100% battery, left it inside my bag in the locker. Checked it aroung 10am, only 43% left. Vhecked it again around 12 noon, bat empty. Please help. :/

do you normally leave it in the locker every day during work?

Tonik

Reaction score
Try clearing data and cache then uninstall updates for Google maps. Also double check your location settings. A recent maps update messed it up for a bunch of people.

You can let maps update, it seems to go ok the second time.

ralgrl

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with their battery draining twice as fast? My battery dropped 50%in 2hrs without use.....definitely not normal..... could it be an ap causing this????

Hey,
I recently had this very same issue. I posted on this forum, check out the responses:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...battery-draining-exceptionally-fast-rate.html

Also note:
- make sure you've updated all your apps; there could be a random app that needs a critical update to fix an issue
- install GSam Battery Monitor app -- I am convinced this is how I finally resolved my issue

Good luck!

Efff

Reaction score
I tried bringing it with me today, it didn't drain the battery that fast as it was inside the locker. What;s inside my locker that it drained it that fast? Even if I turned off the Wifi and deleted the Google maps. Last night I charged it to 100% before I wen to sleep, when I woke up it's already 70%. Is this normal?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I tried bringing it with me today, it didn't drain the battery that fast as it was inside the locker. What;s inside my locker that it drained it that fast? Even if I turned off the Wifi and deleted the Google maps. Last night I charged it to 100% before I wen to sleep, when I woke up it's already 70%. Is this normal?

What are your top users under Settings -> Battery? A bad/weak signal in the locker and/or your house could cause battery drain.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As suggested above, go to the Play Store and get a free app called GSAM battery monitor. It'll help find the energy vampire.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I tried bringing it with me today, it didn't drain the battery that fast as it was inside the locker. What;s inside my locker that it drained it that fast?

the problem with the locker is, its likely making your signal weak or limited, so the phone is constantly trying to keep or find signal which uses a lot of battery.

there is obviously some other issue also, follow the previous suggestions to look into that.

Alextodd

Reaction score

Install any of the battery analysis applications from Google Play, you will find plenty of them there, as this would help you to recognize what is draining your battery? Besides that, did this problem occur overnight?

WookieClaws

Reaction score
If you aren't using your phone during the day put it in Airplane mode. I do this when I'm out of cell range or camping/hunting to save battery life.