Battery draining more at idle since 2.1 update

Jetster220

Reaction score
Ive noticed that ever since the 2.1 update, my phone has been using more power during idle than it used to. I have my phone in airplane everday while Im at work from 7:45 until 4, and before it used to stay at 100% battery through that entire time. But now since the 2.1 update, I have been leaving work with only 80% battery left, and nothing else has changed, it is simply in my pocket all day with the radio off. Ive also noticed that phone idle battery usuage in the breakdown of whats using the most battery is now consistently like the 3rd or 4th biggest usage of the battery. Has anybody else had this issue?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forum. The battery is discussed frequently in many threads. Some swear it's better with 2.1 others say it's worst. Matter of fact this happens every time there is an upgrade for just about any smart phone.

In theory they are running the Droid a bit slower at 2.1 so it should conserve battery. It's debatable and there is no real answer.

OP
J

Jetster220

Reaction score
Yea I know what your saying, but I'm saying its not something hat I'm speculating, its pretty much a controlled observation that I've noticed it is using more power at idle. It just sitting in my pocket with the radio off is pretty controlled conditions to notice the extra power use I'm seeing.