Battery Drainage on HTC Incredible

DGKisLiFE

Reaction score
I'm curious to a problem I'm having on my DROID HTC Incredible 3g, I keep my screen brightness on the lowest setting yet an hour later my battery goes from 100% to 20 when only using it for texting, screen brightness runs about 80% of battery when I check it. I can unplug it and leave it alone for 10 minutes and the battery will be at 85% while being idol that entire time. I have to keep my phone on charger 24/7 or it dies within 2 hours of texting use. The phone is new but I believe this is a battery problem but maybe I'm wrong. Any ideas?

OP
DGKisLiFE

DGKisLiFE

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, currently looking for a stronger, decently priced battery for my phone, any ideas?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im not sure. Try posting that question in their thread so you get more experienced replys

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
ricanmedic78 said:
Sounds simple... It likely just needs a new battery[/QUOTE

Ehh that is still taking a chance. Might not be the battery but the phone itself

ricanmedic78

Reaction score
If you reboot the phone by taking the battery out and it's still not holding a charge, its the battery. There's nothing else it can be. After a battery pull, all apps are restarted. If you want to be super safe, I supposed you can wipe the phone and see if it still does the same thing. That will literally tell u that its the battery 100%

OP
DGKisLiFE

DGKisLiFE

Reaction score
Yeah it's definitely the battery. It's warped and expanding as if it's going to explode. I'm just going to either replace the battery or the entire phone in general, thank you for all of your feedback. :)

cyrus923

Reaction score
My HTC one x also be the same, but stop fast boost, dw keep opening data plan make my phone survive longer, at least can play song up to 1 hour and killed not even 10 per cent battery.