Battery drain

tennislvr8

Reaction score
After doing a factory reset, i downloaded two new apps. Droindforums and task manager. One of these is killing my battery..any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
Is there an alternative you'd recommend? I need one to make phone vibrate

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I don't have any links, atm. But once I understood that android don't need task managers, I never looked for an alternative.

Tell us why your phone don't vibrate or why you need a task manager to do that. Maybe someone can help you.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
I have sound manager not task manager.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sounds like you just need to replace the phone. hardware problem, not a software problem.

angelinaS31

Reaction score
The apps which you had download it would be an big file, it might be also killing your battery or might it be your battery problem.

megraven21

Reaction score
Since my battery has been bad since the ICS update, I decided to try to fix it by draining it to 0% and then fully charging it, hoping this will calibrate it. I finally had the time last night to charge it for 4hrs. I have been using my phone for 30mins, playing 15mins of angry birds after 15mins of checking email. (Just reading) My battery is down to 50% now!! Why??? Anyone know why this would make it worse? I only have to use my phone for 5-10mins to get a 10% drain. This is insanity with a razr maxx. I know there are going to be problems with the first release of ics on a new device but like most people, the battery life is WHY I got the maxx instead.

On DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
IWell, the battery drain could be real, but the training you did was not completed properly so that may mean that it didn't set the flags properly for full and discharged levels, resulting in no correction to the battery meter. In other words, the battery drain you see may not be actual levels of the battery.

First, avoid EVER discharging to 0%. If the meter is significantly out of calibration, it could result in the battery being deep-discharged which can lead to bootlooping, power-cycling, and even to a non-responsive phone where even the charger causes no response other than a White LED on the phone's face.

Second, the training process is based on three key "milestones" during the training.
  1. The phone must be OFF when charging to 100%
  2. Once charged, the phone's battery levels should be depleted to (but not more than) 15% for Gingerbread and 10% for Ice Cream Sandwich. In other words, when the phone displays the "Low battery" pop-up on the screen and tells you to plug in.
  3. The phone must be charged AGAIN to 100% with power off after the first charge and discharge cycle.
If you do that as you see above, you can be sure the low and full flags are set properly and then if you are STILL suffering rapid battery discharge, you can be relatively sure it's either an application or multiple applications that are consuming excessive power, such as if they are running constantly, or it may be due to 4G seeking on the phone where 4G signals are weak, it could be background syncing of things such as Facebook, Motocast (I had this problem), Picasa, Dropbox, Box, emails, or other applications of this kind, or it could be a bad update.

Some have experienced what you describe but after doing a full Factory Data Restore (FDR), the problems went away and their battery life improved dramatically. I have a RAZR MAXX, and right now, the battery is showing 50% after being pulled off charge yesterday morning almost exactly 24 hours ago. In fact, it just passed 24 hours by 7 minutes. At this rate, I should be able to get through most of, if non all of today too before charging again.

60e35213-ea61-e1f7.jpg

60e35213-ea6e-07d5.jpg

60e35213-ea77-f29e.jpg

60e35213-ea81-18f2.jpg

60e35213-ea8a-9c66.jpg

60e35213-ea93-352f.jpg

60e35213-ea9c-5793.jpg

Good luck! :biggrin:

megraven21

Reaction score
Kat - You mentioned to let it get down to 10% the 2nd time I do the full charge but what about the 1st time I charge it to 100%? How far down should I let it get before charging it to 100% the first time around? I got the "drain to 0%" idea from Motorola's site as well as from a Verizon tech rep. (Although I don't trust what Verizon says, it was backed up by Motorola's site)

I was planning on doing a factory reset on top of the battery drain. Does that reset the battery calibration too? As much as I hate doing a FR, I rarely have 3-4hrs out of my day where I don't need my phone and i use my phone as my alarm so i can't do it when i sleep either.

So, the first time I charge my phone to 100%, what % do I let it get down to before turning it off to charge it and does a factory reset negate the need for doing the battery drain?

Thanks for your help!

On DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell (all from foxkat's posts):
Charge to 100% with phone OFF
Use normally to 10%
Phone OFF again and recharge (again) back up to 100%

This calibrates the meter to the battery. More on why and details and charts (lotsa charts! :)) can be found in the battery subforum. Trust FoxKat above a vz tech. I've checked his sources. They are solid. Check them yourself if you are like me and don't trust opinions (I trust data).
Either way, get it done so you can enjoy your mini pc :)

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention.....a good way to drain the battery is to read foxkat's posts.....
(Biiiiiig grin) :) :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I forgot to mention.....a good way to drain the battery is to read foxkat's posts.....
(Biiiiiig grin) :) :)

Lol.. when you read FoxKats posts, you learn not only the how, but also the why. :) and in many cases, that's very important... :cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

megraven21

Reaction score
bruben7886 said:
In a nutshell (all from foxkat's posts):
Charge to 100% with phone OFF
Use normally to 10%
Phone OFF again and recharge (again) back up to 100%

This calibrates the meter to the battery. More on why and details and charts (lotsa charts! :)) can be found in the battery subforum. Trust FoxKat above a vz tech. I've checked his sources. They are solid. Check them yourself if you are like me and don't trust opinions (I trust data).
Either way, get it done so you can enjoy your mini pc :)

Bruben- when you say "charge to 100% with phone off"....my 1st question was from what point do you turn your phone off??? I let mine get down to 0% and Kat says that's wrong and suggested a 2 step processes, like you reiterated. So if I'm going to try this again, how far down do I let my battery get the 1st time I charge to 100%? I get that the 2nd time I charge, I start at 10% but what percentage do I start at for the 1st in this 2 step process? Do you see what I'm asking? Since letting it drain to 0% was wrong.....I want to get it right this time.

Sent from Raven's Razr, on Verizon Wireless, the most UNreliable customer service