1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery drain not linear?(good battery life though)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dpaine88, Nov 11, 2010.

1. dpaine88

dpaine88 New Member

Moto Droid running CM6.1 RC3 and P3 kernel, but results are the same regardless of the ROM/kernel.

So I get good battery life, 15-20 hours on afull charge, nothing to complain about.

What is weird though is when I am fully charged, after overnight, in about 2-3 hours my phone has dropped from 100% to 70%. This is with LIGHT usage for the most part.

Then..with HEAVIER usage it takes like 5 hours to drop from 70-50%.

Then it seems it takes even longer to go from 50-20%. I try to kill my phone's battery and it still takes FOREVER for it to drain when its below 50% battery.

Definitly takes at least 3x as long to drain from 50%-0% than it does 100%-50%.

1) I am using one SetCPU profile for screen off, so its not clocking down at low levels or anything.

2) I have reset "Battery Stats" and let the phone drain/charge complety several times.

Thanks for any advice.
Search tags for this page

android battery linearity

is battery loss linear

no linear battery drain

non linear android battery drainage