Battery Dock

HonKudasai

Reaction score
I got this with Costco's epic bundle deal, and am fairly disappointed with it. Having a second battery charging up is great, but it takes forever to fully charge a battery. None of the Costco accessories came with documentation, but I'm assuming the battery is charged when the little orange light on the dock turns green. Anyway, I swapped batteries around 10am this morning (spare was green and fully charged, and I had let my phone die overnight). By the time it died again, this evening, the spare wasn't done charging yet.

I got a decent 12 hours out of it today, so the charging time on the dock is pretty sad. I swapped batteries anyway, and finished charging it in my phone. When I booted, the indicator read around 70%. It's plugged into a wall using the direct plug that came in the accessory bag, not one with the detachable usb cable. I think I've gotten better results out of charging through usb, sadly. Anyone else seeing poor results from this thing?

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Yes. I have found that it takes most of a day for the spare to charge in the little caboose charger, i have mine plugged in in line before my dock. I have only used the spare once to cycle it. my phone is usually in the dock or the car dock so i really dont need the spare. Basically saving it for when the other dies.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
So far I've charged both batteries with the battery-only charger and didn't notice any excessive charging times. Right now both batteries are fully charged, so after I run one down to 10% or so I'll stick it in the charger and see how long it actually takes.

BTW, mine is plugged into my 850mA charger that came with my Motorola Renegade.

OP
HonKudasai

HonKudasai

Reaction score
Bit of an update on charging time: I did another battery swap this morning, and it fully charged from dead in only a few hours. I guess it may just be that first charge that takes forever.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Seawolf

Reaction score
That's with any battery. The first charge is always the longest