Battery Dies Then Comes Back?

thisisdan26

Reaction score
So this morning I went fishing and had my Nexus playing the Iheart Radio app for a couple hours and then it died. I began the morning with about 65%, and it only lasted 2.5 hours on that. That was the only app that I had running other than the camera when I took a few pics and the phone when I made a 5 minute call, which was cut short because it died mid-call (I began the call with 3% battery so I know the phone didn't just power off randomly). Funny thing was, when I got back in my car I hooked up my charger and powered the phone back on and it showed 50% battery. I unplugged the charger and it still showed 50% and I was able to make another 5 minute call just fine. The phone still showed almost half battery after the call and is working fine now. This is the second time something like this has happened. Has anyone else had this happen?

Side note: Last night I left my phone(with 70% battery) at my house while I went out. No apps running, no GPS on, just normal data and sync, etc. I came back about 5 hours later and it only had 2% left. So I lost almost 70% of my battery in 5 hours with the phone basically on idle. That is not normal right??