1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

battery died for first time after 2.2 won't revive

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by tangent88, Aug 8, 2010.

1. tangent88

tangent88 New Member

so this is the first time my battery has died since i updated to 2.2, i plugged it in to charge it for about 10min. then powered it on. All was well and it booted up like normal, then it suddenly shut off, rebooted, flashed the motorola logo and died. It hasn't come back on since, i tried pulling the battery but that didn't change anything.

help please.
  2. tehpriest

tehpriest New Member

Call me a grassy knoll seeker but four posts within a couple of hours the same problem from 2.2 (both FRG1B and FRG22) updated phones. I smell a serious bug here. Could this be the problem which caused them to pull it?
  3. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

tangent88.. did you ever root your phone? If you did or didn't, do you mind going back to stock?

I can Probably get you up and running but you may have to do some downloading and setting up once your up and about.

FYI incase you didn't know. There were so many bugs with the 2.2 update that Verizon suspended it.

EDIT: Although 2.2 is very solid for some people, there may be things you are running that is cauing it to not function properly.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  4. tangent88

tangent88 New Member

after a couple hours charging it finally booted up again.

i never rooted, but all of my updates have been manual updates. and i've seen the rumor post of it being suspended, i haven't personally had any problems with it other than this, but if this kind of thing is widespread it's easy to see why there are reports of it being pulled.

regardless i won't be letting my phone drain to 5% anytime soon again. thanks for responding.
Search tags for this page

how to restart a android after the battery died

how to revive droid bionic battery

restart galaxy s4 after battery died

revive droid battery

samsung battery died and won't restart

samsung s4 after battery died and won't restart

starting android after battery died