1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Died, charged for 5+ hours, still won't boot...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mackiv, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mackiv

mackiv Member

My battery died at work today. i threw it on the car charger hoping it would eventually turn on, but did not. I then took it home and threw it on the wall charger, that was 4 hours ago!!!!!!!!! Ive drained my battery before, and its never taken this long to boot...i cannot afford to wake up tomorrow without a phone....any help please? also, i've searched the forums, but its getting late and most threads dribble out into some other topic or solution that doesn't ever solve the problem...

PLEASE HELP..?!!?!? PLEASE..?
  2. mackiv

mackiv Member

or at least point me to a thread ive overlooked...? please..?
  3. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

When this happened to me, the only charger that would charge it was the one that came with the phone.
  4. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

First off, is your phone rooted? Or is it stock? Secondly I would suggest you remove the battery from you phone for about 30 seconds then put it back in and try to turn on.

If this doesnt work. Do you know anyone else w/ a droid so you can test there battery on your phone. You might take it to a verizon store and see if they have a spare you can test it with.
  5. bross2

bross2 New Member

This is not a battery problem. I've just rooted my phone and for the first time, my battery won't charge. I have two batteries and they both do the same thing. They all worked prior to rooting. I left my phone on the charger for the past 8 hours. It was 70% charged when I first put it on the charger and was 50% when I checked it just now. I'm running BB FRF83, but had the same problem on the the previous BB release. I've checked every thread I could find, but nothing on this issue. Do I need to change ROM or the kernel? Any fix appreciated...
  6. bross2

bross2 New Member

Ok... I tried a couple of the other P3Droid kernels and none of them would charge the battery... I was stuck at 20% for over an hour. After a bit of searching, I downloaded the Chevy kernel version 2.6.32-lowV-1.1Ghz and my battery is now at 30% and growing... It's no longer hot, which it was with the P3Droid kernel as well. I'm still running Bugless Beast V0.3.

Chevy kernel's here... http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/4.2/kernels/
  7. bross2

bross2 New Member

Update... it was the kernel that caused the battery issue. If you're having battery issues and using a P3Droid kernel... you should change it to a different type. I changed to Chevy and my phone has charged to 100% and has been charged all day... So now running Bugless Beast and Chevy Kernel on Froyo and the phone is running great... Now to work on the WIFI.
  8. borgey401

borgey401 New Member

Well, you can't really put it like that because every single Droid is different. it wasn't the kernels fault since the kernel is fine and a lot of people use it. It's basically just your cpu could not handle that particular kernel. Every processor in the Droid is different from each other. Some can handle some kernels and other can not.
  9. bross2

bross2 New Member

I somewhat agree, but for users of the same droid, it shouldn't be an issue. I also noticed the baseband had a lot to do with how the battery worked. I'm using the following and my charge can go a couple of days with limited use:

Baseband is c_01.43.01p
    Kernel is 2.6.32.9-g103d848
    Bugless beast version .4
  10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Been using P3 kernels since Froyo came out. Wouldn't think of changing to another one.

I don't have any idea what caused your issues but i like P3's kenenls and I'm staying with them.
  11. dave4100

dave4100 New Member

I had the same problem and it was caused by an incompatible overlclocked kernel. I downloaded one that was for an older build and it completely drained the battery within seconds. Slapped it in the original charger and booted to recovery and deleted it. It then came back just fine.
  12. Anomander

Anomander New Member

No issues here with the P3 Kernels.
Search tags for this page

battery on driodx2 wont stay charged phone idle

battery wont stay carged droid razer 912

droid dna drained battery wont boot

droid wont turn on after battery died

droidx wont stay charged

htc thunderbolt wont stay charged

moto x battery wont stay charged

motorola 5.8 digital phone low battery but battery is fully