Battery - Day 1 - MAXX

cece5702

Reaction score
I took my phone off the charger this morning @6:30 am! Its now at 45%? Is that the best it can do? Or will it get better? I just got the phone yesterday evening. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
12hrs @ 45%?
Sounds good to me considering its way better than my d1 but haven't got mine yet.

Is that heavy use?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

ccgustavus

Reaction score
So, I'm loving this battery! I do not use any of the battery saving features, unless they are automatic. After the first day, my phone gets unplugged at 7am and at 10pm I've been between 50-60% every day! I send about 40-50 texts, screen says on for 2 hours usually, facebook and emails. For me, this phone is great, it actually lasts me a day, and I could not get that out of any other phone. Now I just wish it would get ICS :)

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
12hrs @ 45%?
Sounds good to me considering its way better than my d1 but haven't got mine yet.

Is that heavy use?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

I used Twitter, lite texting,watched CNN news clips a few fox news clips, and playing around with other apps

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
So, I'm loving this battery! I do not use any of the battery saving features, unless they are automatic. After the first day, my phone gets unplugged at 7am and at 10pm I've been between 50-60% every day! I send about 40-50 texts, screen says on for 2 hours usually, facebook and emails. For me, this phone is great, it actually lasts me a day, and I could not get that out of any other phone. Now I just wish it would get ICS :)

You don't use smart actions at all?

xxwabbit

Reaction score
It'll get better. According to my battery stat, it said 28hrs when the red light came on. I had a hard time trying to kill the battery today just so I could see what it would do on my portable battery. I was using internet radio while using Google maps in the car. Watching videos and surfing all morning. Tweaking the phone and playing around with settings. Testing out the camera and video. The thing is a beast!

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
It'll get better. According to my battery stat, it said 28hrs when the red light came on. I had a hard time trying to kill the battery today just so I could see what it would do on my portable battery. I was using internet radio while using Google maps in the car. Watching videos and surfing all morning. Tweaking the phone and playing around with settings. Testing out the camera and video. The thing is a beast!

That's reassuring! Thanks :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yours sounds much better than previous poster. His sounded just like my og Razr. I don't use any smart actions or anything and i get at least what he does.. I use this thing abusive crazy...lol And my fb and email come in all day via push.. I'm very happy with the Razr.. I was just curious of the hype til you posted..lol That's about right ...peace! Glad everyone is enjoying their razr's being maxx or og..

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

ccgustavus

Reaction score
I have not set any up. I usually turn my wifi off when I'm not at home, and from what I read, most of the smart actions use wifi to find your location.

You don't use smart actions at all?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I have not set any up. I usually turn my wifi off when I'm not at home, and from what I read, most of the smart actions use wifi to find your location.

May be I shouldn't use smart actions and see what happens. I'll wait for a couple days. Love the MAXX though. It's a keeper!!!

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Ok I just checked my phone and its been unplugged for 15 hours and now at 40% so I guess that is good, Lol

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I have my screen brightness set to 20%. Just doing that decreased my screen useage of the battery from 40% to 18%. I do not use any smart settings at this point. I use my phone constantly through out the day. 8am to 11:30pm and have never killed the battery. Closest I came was 20% at the end of the day which was with 3G on the entire day, BT on for 4 hours as well as GPS for 3.5 hours. Push mail for Facebook, yahoo and google on all the time, 90 minutes of cell calls and updating numerous spreadsheets that reside on drop box. Fantastic phone. Glad I did not get the Galaxy Nexus which would have required me getting an extra battery and charger to do what my Razr Maxx does in the same day.

newtodroidx

Reaction score
I just received my Maxx yesterday morning around 10am. It came with about 40% battery and I used it non stop from 10am to about 5:30pm before it died. I charged it to 100% overnight and unplugged it at 7am, now I have barely used it at all today and it has dropped to 80% with very little usage, that doesn't seem right to me...I hope it gets better in a couple of days.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Your's sound like mine. I've been working all day with my Maxx on my desk. I checked the battery and its at 70%. I am using Smart Actions- Battery Extender. The signal here at work has always been bad though. Once I go outside or down on basement level its fine. I was told it will get better so I am hopefull!!!
I just received my Maxx yesterday morning around 10am. It came with about 40% battery and I used it non stop from 10am to about 5:30pm before it died. I charged it to 100% overnight and unplugged it at 7am, now I have barely used it at all today and it has dropped to 80% with very little usage, that doesn't seem right to me...I hope it gets better in a couple of days.

DocsDad

Reaction score
I can easily pull a 15 hour day pushing the battery hard. I couldn't ask for better really. Today is a modest use day (including sleeping for 5 hours) but I am at 20 hours off charge with 51% battery remaining. I have done everything I usually do, just not tons of it. (This is with wifi and 4G but 25% display which is perfect for me unless watching Netflix)

SAH_WEET