Battery Cover Loose

Bazinga1!

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions how to get a new battery cover for a new Droid? Went to Verizon & they said to go to motorola.com, had no luck there. Apparently this is not an unusual problem as one of the bigger Verizon stores was giving the backs away to Droid owners having a problem. When I called, no one there knew anything about it.Spent alot of time running around in circles. Spent $300 on a phone & am holding it together with electrician tape! Would appreciate any suggestions.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Don't remember. I think it took me a while to find as well. Not at my desktop right now, so can't really check.

VGx

Reaction score
The battery door is listed along with the batteries on the vzw site (not with the covers_

Enter your location

Hope that helps.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My first phone required a little piece of scotch tape to keep it from sliding off when I took the phone out of my pocket. The replacement has been fine since I got it in January. They make the little square insert thing a little thicker now.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions how to get a new battery cover for a new Droid? Went to Verizon & they said to go to motorola.com, had no luck there. Apparently this is not an unusual problem as one of the bigger Verizon stores was giving the backs away to Droid owners having a problem. When I called, no one there knew anything about it.Spent alot of time running around in circles. Spent $300 on a phone & am holding it together with electrician tape! Would appreciate any suggestions.

I have a spare - brand new in unopened package. I'll mail it to you tomorrow if you want. PM me.

C.R. "Johnny" Diamond

inmate369

Reaction score
i just bent nine a little and it fits tight and hasnt fallen off since

OP
B

Bazinga1!

Reaction score
don't know what PM means, but thanks anyway, I can order it from the Verizon store. All that & they couldn't have told me that in the first place? lol!

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Just find the live chat feature on Motorola's website, and tell them your battery cover is loose. Many Droid's were shipped with a loose-fitting battery cover which is why they will give you a new one for free.

OP
B

Bazinga1!

Reaction score
Thanks, tried that but live chat 'isn't available at this time' Oh well, I'll try again later.