Battery cover for the droid...just got my 3 free ones from VZW...

mikespe

Reaction score
Received Replacement Battery Cover and...

I just received the replacement battery cover today that Verizon is sending out to replace the loose one that some are having issues with. Why am I posting that here you ask? Because that little battery cover came in a box that is BIGGER than the box my Droid came in (shipping box NOT the actual Droid box) AND it came wit ha manual that was THICKER than the one that came with the Droid! (Actually it is the warranty not a manual) I couldn't stop laughing! At least Verizon could have done was throw in one of those Droid Does shirts just to take up the extra space in the box!:)

Yea I know...the cover was free and so was the overnight shipping...don't complain. Which I'm not...but I'm laughing :icon_ banana:

DJStormX

Reaction score
If anyone has an extra battery door they could spare plz PM me and ill give you my mailing address....Thanks!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just received the replacement battery cover today that Verizon is sending out to replace the loose one that some are having issues with. Why am I posting that here you ask? Because that little battery cover came in a box that is BIGGER than the box my Droid came in (shipping box NOT the actual Droid box) AND it came wit ha manual that was THICKER than the one that came with the Droid! (Actually it is the warranty not a manual) I couldn't stop laughing! At least Verizon could have done was throw in one of those Droid Does shirts just to take up the extra space in the box!:)

Yea I know...the cover was free and so was the overnight shipping...don't complain. Which I'm not...but I'm laughing :icon_ banana:
not everyone has a box for every occasion :)

iPirate

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but you and 3 others also received their battery covers today and each person made their own thread.

I feel like one "I got my battery cover today" thread per day would be plenty for everyone here.

astokes

Reaction score
I got an email confirmation from Motorola today that they have sent out my new covers for mine and my fiances droid. I wonder if they come via Verizon seeing as I requested them directly through Motorolas tech support?

dfwdroid

Reaction score
what's the process to get one? do i got to VZW store and ask for one? do i need to go to the moto website?

thx!!

Jer

Reaction score
Fedex requiring signature for delivery is hilarious as well.

Oh, not to mention it was overnight shipping and there was no other option. Talk about a waste. My wife didn't even get one since 1) Verizon wasn't smart enough to limit orders to those not only with a Droid but even allowed those not even with a Verizon account to order and 2) there was no limit on how many that you could order. Stupid me assumed you had to be a Droid owner and a Verizon customer so I only ordered one. I emailed my wife and by the time she got a break between patients the were OOS and then I find on deal threads where greedy bastards ordered dozens and had neither a Droid nor Verizon. Wonderful. All to make a buck (if they're lucky once the market floods with them) selling them.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
yeah i was surprised they put it in such a huge box. a letter would've been good enough.

and a signature really wasn't required, i've had much pricier items that were just left by my door.

Reaction score
Other than the size of the box, what most caught my attention was the phone call I received the night before telling me that I was going to get a fedex package delivered today... now that is service.