Battery Cover cheap fix (What I did)

billyNOTnice

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not, i didn't see a thread, but i thought i'd just let you guys know what i did to assist the back of my droid. Since mine has come off a half dozen times even with me being very careful not to knock it off... anyhow what i did was get a rubber band... the gumband i had was about as wide as a pencil. i cut like a 1/4" piece and pulled my battery out laid it under the battery (between the battery and phone) then put the cover back on. Now i also tried it the other way, between the cover and the battery, but you could feel a bulge that way. My battery cover has yet to come off since... TIPS: use your head, you know how big of a piece feels the best. there should NOT be a huge bulge under your case and you shouldn't have to use all your force to get the battery cover back on.. just a tiny piece will fix this issue.

techguru

Reaction score
Also, just slightly bending the metal tabs inwards adds enough tension to make it hold better on the ones that are loose (mine is already tight, but had a friend almost lose his and this fixed it).

Alan

uptheforest

Reaction score
i believe they will either replace the phone in full or just replace the back battery cover for you. Why sit and mess around with a faulty bit of hardware when verizon will replace it for you?

I messed around with my storm and the business card screen trick and refuse to do all that mess again with a device as high end as these smart phones are.

Also, when i had a loose battery cover i noticed the metal tabs were way more offset than the one i currently have. On my current one the tabs are more even on opposing sides.

OP
B

billyNOTnice

Reaction score
just offering advice. To me it's a minor issue that i can correct myself with little to no effort. maybe if i lived closer to a verizon store i would be more inclined to go in and push the issue, but that's an hour drive for me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i believe they will either replace the phone in full or just replace the back battery cover for you. Why sit and mess around with a faulty bit of hardware when verizon will replace it for you?

I messed around with my storm and the business card screen trick and refuse to do all that mess again with a device as high end as these smart phones are.

Also, when i had a loose battery cover i noticed the metal tabs were way more offset than the one i currently have. On my current one the tabs are more even on opposing sides.
cause alot of us don't want to deal with Verizon employees and the process it takes to activate a new phone and all of that.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not returning my phone because of a loose battery cover. This is my third Droid, and the loose battery cover has been the least of my worries.

That's why I won't just take it back.

EARL97850

Reaction score
I'm not returning my phone because of a loose battery cover. This is my third Droid, and the loose battery cover has been the least of my worries.

That's why I won't just take it back.
Three DROIDS? If you don't mind me asking....what was the issue in all the trades?

Cya

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The best solution so far and by far the easiest of all that i have seen, is truely the business card trick. If you cut a business card and place it in between the battery and the cover, it wont come off. I've had it now like this for 5 days and never came off, before that it would come off if i looked at it wrong.

J

JohnDroid

My cover was a pain to get off the (only) time I had to pull my battery. I can't imagine some coming off so easy!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Also, just slightly bending the metal tabs inwards adds enough tension to make it hold better on the ones that are loose (mine is already tight, but had a friend almost lose his and this fixed it).

Alan
I've recommended this to people as well. I don't have the issue but it's good to know it works.

Personally I'd go this route but that's just me.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score

cause alot of us don't want to deal with Verizon employees and the process it takes to activate a new phone and all of that.

tell me about it.. they look at you in a weird way when you go to the store and ask for a replacement..

Kerry

Reaction score
A protective case does the job, & protects the Droid.