battery consumption on galaxy nexus

alboboy10

Reaction score
dezymond said:
Man I want a Nexus 7, but don't know what to do with my Xoom :frown:

Gamestop takes trades. So if u sell things to them you get store credit...they have a special actually idk then details.

Trade the Xoom and pay the small difference maybe?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Gamestop takes trades. So if u sell things to them you get store credit...they have a special actually idk then details.

Trade the Xoom and pay the small difference maybe?
Gamestop lost my business years ago for some pretty f'd up reasons. They treated me like trash and that's all I'll say, haven't stepped into a store of theirs since. Their trade-in values are garbage too, at least a couple years ago when I went.

Sell it. I sold mine on eBay last week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Haven't a hard time deciding to keep it or get a Nexus 7. Word is the Xoom is getting JB update soon, and it has a ton of memory + sd card slot. I'm the kinda person who likes to put all their media into it, which works against me sometimes. I could upload everything, but still debating that of course.

Thinking about throwing it up on CL first, just to avoid and S&H fees and whatever other fees from selling online. In the market for a ultrabook too so don't know if getting a Nexus 7 is the smart move right now. However, I definitely do want a smaller tablet...so much to debate...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gamestop lost my business years ago for some pretty f'd up reasons. They treated me like trash and that's all I'll say, haven't stepped into a store of theirs since. Their trade-in values are garbage too, at least a couple years ago when I went.

Haven't a hard time deciding to keep it or get a Nexus 7. Word is the Xoom is getting JB update soon, and it has a ton of memory + sd card slot. I'm the kinda person who likes to put all their media into it, which works against me sometimes. I could upload everything, but still debating that of course.

Thinking about throwing it up on CL first, just to avoid and S&H fees and whatever other fees from selling online. In the market for a ultrabook too so don't know if getting a Nexus 7 is the smart move right now. However, I definitely do want a smaller tablet...so much to debate...

Yeah, I sold my Xoom on eBay in less than 3 hours and I made a decent profit compared to what I paid for it a couple months ago. I was stunned by how quickly it sold.

Anyway, I loved it but damn it was heavy and the screen was god awful by today's standards.

I ordered the 16gb Nexus 7 so that should be plenty for me. Can't wait to have an HD screen on a tablet.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

I forgot to mention, you should consider swappa for selling. I think you can avoid some of the fees that eBay has. I would've gone that route but it was already too late.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I would trade the xoom for the nexus in a heart beat though. It's amazing

alboboy10

Reaction score
That's why I didn't buy it online. I just called a million stores until one told me they had it. And I got the last copy.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Considered swappa as well. Threw it up on CL for now, test the waters see how much I can get off it without any online fees.

Screen is my main concern as it is terribly lacking by today's standards. Its a very solid device but its almost like carrying a laptop around IMO. Thing weighs a ton. I think I made my decision last night when in threw it up on CL. Now, nexus 7 or add those funds to my ultrabook funds....

RVC

Reaction score
What is a wake lock, and what does it do? Do all apps have them?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
C'mon I had to try:D

All I've been getting is spam and "I'll mail you a check" responses. Forgot how garbage CL was. I'll give it a couple days til I try Swappa. I got plenty of room in my PM box bud:p

RVC

Reaction score
How do I change the time my phone sleeps? I looked around in settings and I can't find it. On my Rezound its right in settings/display/sleep. I am on CM9, is this why I can't find it? I am new to the GN. For the record, my battery life is horrible....but it does not really matter to me cause I have chargers where ever I am! Thanks.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
How do I change the time my phone sleeps? I looked around in settings and I can't find it. On my Rezound its right in settings/display/sleep. I am on CM9, is this why I can't find it? I am new to the GN. For the record, my battery life is horrible....but it does not really matter to me cause I have chargers where ever I am! Thanks.

The phone should sleep on it's own. Theoretically, not long after the screen goes off, as long as it isn't supposed to be doing something, it should go to sleep.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bvalosek.cpuspy <-- that app will help you see if your device is hitting deep sleep. Note that when charging it won't sleep, that is normal.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm <-- that can help find the problematic apps.