battery consumption on galaxy nexus

alboboy10

Reaction score
I don't have an extended battery.

My battery isn't bad though. It has little annoying problems which make the battery bad.

For example I've gone all day with HEAVY use before for ten hours and my battery goes to 50% then out of nowhere with barely any use the battery starts draining and by 13 hour mark phone is dead.

Also after my battery goes below 50% it fliesssssss. It drains so quickly its ridiculous.

The battery is just very streaky.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Your phone may be having trouble still with going into deep sleep. Check your keep awake times.

Even for me, on a JB ROM, I still had a keep awake issue the other night and my battery was slowly draining overnight (85% to 32% the next morning). My keep awake time was about 7.5hrs. So yes, even on ROMs there can be issues, why it had trouble i don't know. Since then I've installed CPU Spy and Badass Battery, to keep an eye out. Also I turn off FB notifications at night, well all the time now since whenever I have a notification I open FB anyway, I can just do that manually and save the battery or any risk of not going into deep sleep.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have both of those apps. Nothing out of control
Well then I guess it's normal. Have you checked the keep awake time?

Only way to see any significant improvement in battery life is by getting it rooted and ROMed.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ye the keep awake time is normal

Honestly, to me it sounds like you need to calibrate your battery. The reporting you're describing is so erratic that just seems like the most likely cause. Unfortunately, you can't reset your battery stats to calibrate your battery without root.

While a battery calibration won't necessarily improve your battery life, it will cause your phone to re-learn your usage patterns and hopefully give you more accurate readings throughout the day.

alboboy10

Reaction score
After jelly bean comes out I'm gonna do a factory reset and clean up the phone.

Btw, GSM nexus has jelly bean already. When do we get it officially

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
After jelly bean comes out I'm gonna do a factory reset and clean up the phone.

Btw, GSM nexus has jelly bean already. When do we get it officially

Whenever Verizon feels like pushing it out. Sometime between now and 2014 would be my guess.

*E3A* I am joking of course, there has been no date. Verizon is terrible about giving any sort of clues about dates, and even when you get clues things get pushed back for whatever reason. Since it is now the VZW is part of the AOSP again, at least experimentally, I would think they would be quicker this time. But I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't out months from now.

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
I think a lot of people who own a nexus should call and annoy them.

Im going to give a call to Verizon and annoy customer support a little. Ask them why they're always last at everything.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good luck with that albo, they'll just probably tell you something along the lines of "gotta test this blah blah blah".

Verizon aosp was released last week. IF you want to root and ROM there are a few verizon jelly belly versions out there. I'm on JellyBelly 3.3 and it runs like a dream. No issues at all with it like I had with previous JB ROMs.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I think a lot of people who own a nexus should call and annoy them.

Im going to give a call to Verizon and annoy customer support a little. Ask them why they're always last at everything.

I wouldn't waste your time or the CSR's time. The rep isn't going to know anything, or be able to do anything. Verizon has been doing this for ages. Getting similar phones later than other carriers, and being slow to push updates to devices. I mean there are always exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking.... big red is in a time zone that is a little behind the curve when it comes to phone hardware and software.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Man I want a Nexus 7, but don't know what to do with my Xoom :frown:

alboboy10

Reaction score
sbenson said:
Lucky bastard, I'm still waiting for mine to ship.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I got it at a store today. I called a million stores. One of them told me they had one left but couldn't hold it for me. So I drove there fasttttt and got lucky.

Its a great tablet. And its insanely fast