Battery completely dead, will not charge or power on, Question Mark on Screen

cryztal6

Reaction score
Help!
The battery on my Droid Razr completely died. Now I am unable to charge or power it back on. It has a white Question Mark on the screen. I have read through the forums looking for the best solution. It seems I may need a factory power cord to charge it now. I am able to open the boot menu but I'm not sure if I should be trying something in there. Please tell me what the best solution is.
Thanks!!

sajgel

Reaction score
Hope it is still under warranty. I have a feeling that the battery is bad. What kind of charger was you using prior? If you was using something other than the original charger that came with the phone, that might have caused the issue.

OP
C

cryztal6

Reaction score
I only use OEM chargers. I don't think the charger is the issue. The warranty expired 6 days ago I think. I bought it a year and 6 days ago. :frown:

OP
C

cryztal6

Reaction score
Verizon is sending me a refurbished replacement. I wonder if I can just swap the batteries so I can revive my phone. I'd rather not have to send my phone to Verizon.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're going to be in a bad way if you mess something up trying to swap out the battery.

OP
C

cryztal6

Reaction score
Ok, so maybe it's a bad idea. I have watched videos on taking the razr apart and it doesn't look too bad actually. I wouldn't want to break anything but I like fixing things.