Battery charging

Wawers

Reaction score
Is it better to allow the battery to become completely dead before charging or should I charge my battery whenever I get a chance?

J

Johnly

Is it better to allow the battery to become completely dead before charging or should I charge my battery whenever I get a chance?
let it die once a month or so, after a few of those, it doest ever matter.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have seen a ton of discussions about this over the past few years, but I have come to understand that these batteries don't need regular conditioning or even too much special care. In my case I charge my phone when I get the chance. Some times I wait till the end of the day and then charge it overnight and other times I toss it on the charger whenever I have down time at home. I don't think it really matters.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have seen a ton of discussions about this over the past few years, but I have come to understand that these batteries don't need regular conditioning or even too much special care. In my case I charge my phone when I get the chance. Some times I wait till the end of the day and then charge it overnight and other times I toss it on the charger whenever I have down time at home. I don't think it really matters.

This is correct. Ni-Ion batteries used to need to be fully discharged before being fully charged. Li-Ion don't use that process anymore.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I thought so too!

This is correct. Ni-Ion batteries used to need to be fully discharged before being fully charged. Li-Ion don't use that process anymore.

DroidForums junkie!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Consider the type of battery. Li ion should be topped off and should not be completely drained. There are plenty of resources that you can Google if you want more details.