Battery carrying data crashes phones

dysfunkshun

Reaction score
Yeah, I have 2 bionics both rooted and running Gummy ICS. One went bad last night and got stuck in a boot loop from out of nowhere. I tried to wipe data/cache and reboot with no luck. Next, I tried re-installing the rom, which gives me an error code and the install is aborted. Next, I tried swapping sd cards and getting a rom back up and working with no luck again. So I swapped the batteries since the bad one is almost dead so I can run RSD and restore it all the way back. Now the bad one starts up just fine and the good one is stuck in the boot loop and I cant get the battery to charge any. Any ideas?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Hmm battery went bad?? Flash one back to stock and take it to a verizon store with the bad battery in it and they will probably give you a new batt. Let em know you switched the batts and it took the problem to whichever phone had the bad battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

dysfunkshun

Reaction score
Well, I went ghetto and cut a charger cable to hook up bare wires to the battery and charge it so I could RSD it back, installed the ota .902 update and forever rooted it again, installed safestrap and tried to re-install gummy. It gave me and error saying something about a bad install and aborted then went back to the boot loop. So, back to RSD and ota .902, now the brightness wont change on stock .902. Im gonna take it into verizon in a little bit when they open. I didnt know the battery carried any kind of data on it that could infect the system, its pretty odd!

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
The only data that the battery provides are things like voltage, temperature, junk like that. What I imagine is happening is that the battery is misreporting its voltage as high enough, but is actually too low for the phone to operate correctly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

dysfunkshun

Reaction score
I got a new battery from verizon and immediately forever rooted when I got home, and it is back in a boot loop. RSD again, downloading .902, and just formatted the sd card and only loaded gummy targa and the gapps file. Seems like as soon as I install safestrap, it makes everything go haywire, so Im gonna try to just use CWR. I also downloaded another copy of safestrap, see if that was the prob. Any other ideas of what could be causing everything to mess up with safestrap? When I try to install a rom, it gives me an error message saying it couldnt find e:/ something and aborts.