1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Calibration Redone - IMPORTANT TO KNOW INFO!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sonicfreak360, Jun 9, 2011.

1. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Alright, I've been looking into the battery calibaration. I'm not going to lie, I care about battery a lot. A WHOLE LOAD OF LOT, if that makes sense. I've been looking at people wiping their battery stats, and I think I found the way to wipe them accurately.

Charging to 100%, draining to 0, then back to 100% just DOESN'T DO IT RIGHT!

So let me throw something out really quick. You go to charge the phone to 100% to wipe the battery stats properly. But how do you know whether your phone is charged fully or not if your battery stats are already screwed up???

I'm going to quickly write out a new tutorial, my old thread is obsolete and I despise it :icon_evil:

Instructions time!

1. Use your phone however you like until your phone is at around 50% battery life. This is explained why in the next steps.
    2. Reboot your phone. When your phone is booted up it will display an accurate measurement of your battery. What your battery is at right now currently doesn't matter.
    3. Start charging your phone, and monitor it closely. When your phone charges to the next percent, restart your phone again. This is to make sure your phone is still measuring your battery right! It may skip forward a bit, but thats displaying it's accurate percentage!
    4. Keep restarting your phone every time it goes up 10% until it charges 100%. When it reaches 100%, reboot into recovery, and wipe battery stats.
    5. If you are using Clockword recovery, select "extras", and then select "wipe battery stats". If you are using Raidzero Recovery, select "wipe options" then select "wipe battery stats".
    6. Unplug your phone and reboot into Android, make sure the phone is unplugged before the boot logo comes on (the first thing that pops up on boot, NOT the boot animation)
    7. Use your phone normally, meaning do whatever you would normally do with your phone. However there is a catch, YOU MAY NOT SHUT OFF YOUR PHONE, OR REBOOT IT! Sleep mode is OK!
    8. When your phone is at 5% battery life left, plug in your phone to AN OUTLET, not to a computer! The reason is that your phone charges faster with an outlet vs a computer!
    9. Turn your screen off, and do not use your phone (AT ALL!!!!) until it is FULLY charged! Do not turn the screen on to check the battery percentage, there SHOULD be an led indicating whether your phone is fully charged or not.
    10. Once it is fully charged, unplug it and you are done! You no longer have to follow these steps! You may or may not notice your battery performance increase, depends on how horrible your battery experience was before!
    Wow, I'm surprised this only took 10 steps! Pretty big steps if you ask me, but they are well worth it!

If this helped you out in any way, please say so! I work hard on these write-ups, and I would appreciate it if you guys N' girls gave me some feedback. But seriously, I put effort into these threads, took me half an hour to 45 minutes to write! Maybe it could get covered in glue, and put up on the wall? (crazy way of staying sticked :icon_eek:)

I might make more tutorials, so feel free to request some!!! I'm bored out of my mind occasionally!
  2. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer Theme Developer

Great write up! However im wayyy to lazy to do all that lol. Definately was a good read im sure it will serve its purpose

God job :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom New Member

Good work brother, but I have an addiction and flash new roms every other day

4. lfylove

lfylove New Member

Lmao +1
    I had exact same thought

5. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I'll report what I find. Thanks for the tutorial.

6. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Just like me :p but you should always follow the procedure, as if wiping the phone was wiping the battery stats!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. Brennan_Huber

Brennan_Huber Theme Developer Theme Developer

I think ill actually try this tomorrow.
    I've got loads of time on my hands but I bet its worth it.

FreeMyMoto!!!
  8. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

well 1 way of seeing your phone is charged is to check the MV in spare parts.
  9. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

My thoughts exactly - how does 100% become 100% if it is only stats wise 92% I would sooner trust a battery at 100% then wiped and allowed to charge however long required then wiped a final time...i mean if the stats are clean / wiped and you then charge more and again...the batter will fill up eventually or just stop taking a load. So if you do this, wipe, drain and wipe the battery should be at it's fullest the 5% part gets me, why not a full dead charge?

My hardest part on this is the 10% increment reboot that's a lot of dedication to a particular function that is viable to all of us no matter what we say we're after. Battery life really is a key factor, even for those constantly plugged in all day, what if they weren't...yeah battery would matter.

Lastly and this has been something i wanted to check with you Sonic and Zepplinrox if and when we get this fully charged finally for once...why can't we just save the .bin stats wherever they are that get wiped once complete and just install that with each rom?

Lastly, how important is it to do this with each rom flash if you are testing for battery purposes if you flash a rom with full battery, a habit i attempt every time?

~D
  10. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

I have been thinking about other things to do with the batterstats.bin file also, and I'm still not sure what it contains... but you should make sure your phone is charged 100%, and then wipe your phone and then use it to 5%, blah blah, those steps.

Also, you said lastly twice :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

Funny, I knew I had, yet couldn't count back far enough to see it :p

I also tend to point out counts like
    1...blah blah blah
    b....bhal blah blah
    3...blah blah blah
    4...blah blah blah

I am massively cixelsyd and confused
  12. phant0omx

phant0omx New Member

Any verdict yet? I just purchased my DC yesterday and was looking at "proper battery charging"
  13. DavidM.

DavidM. New Member

I'm glad this got bumped. Right now I just finished step 7. I'll report back whether I notice any improvements when I'm done.
  14. phant0omx

phant0omx New Member

Cool. Right now I'm just doing the 0-%100 charges. I'll recalibrate later if possible.

Eager to read your results. TIA
  15. DavidM.

DavidM. New Member

Well I finished the process about 10 minutes ago. We'll see how battery life is now.
Search tags for this page
important know red one

is it necessary to flash a new rom before using battery cali