battery bull-ish

junebug85

Reaction score
Had my droid for about a month now and never had any battery problems. Running a task killer and battery monitor. I charge every night and fully charged it normally has 26 hrs of life. got it off the charger this morning and came into work and it only took 6 hrs to drain to 10% life. I was thinking it could be the building having bad reception but this isnt my first time with the phone at work. never had this problem, any clues or ideas?

Silver Member
Reaction score
gps? poor service? resident app eating your resources? that's just not enough information.

did you check to see what was running?
what did the battery usage say was eating the life?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I had a weather app drain my battery in about 5-6 hours once. I deleted it and haven't had a problem since. Check you widgets and your battery usage page.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had a similar issue once and I didn't believe the battery reading. I turned the phone off and back on. The battery reading then went back up to 70% or so. It only happened once in the time I've had the Droid (7 weeks??).

OP
J

junebug85

Reaction score
didnt check battery usage. disabled gps, continually killed all tasks, running weather widget. phones dead, cant check usage. weirdest thing, haven't done anything out of the norm with the phone. same rounds and areas at work, same things running, just drained and died. hopefully my battery isnt bad after only a month of use.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I'm sure your battery is not bad, don't worry about that. That is exactly what happened to my phone (one time). It was dead by lunch time, so I couldn't investigate anything until I got home and charged it.

Don't worry, we'll figure it out.

wil318466

Reaction score
I had the same issue the other night.. but it was in a place where I only get 1 bar (I get 3-4 bars every other place in the entire city I live in, but at this particular house I get 1 bar), and the phone died in hours.

I read somewhere that if you are in an area with bad signal, your phone will try to boost its output to "reach" that cell tower and therefore drain your battery faster than normal.

Not sure how true it is, but it could be an explanation?

-Wil

raven1911

Reaction score
Junebug,

I am in the same boat as you. I checked with a verizon rep and he spoke with some techs and they claim that they have never heard of any battery draining problems with the Droid. Funny because I come on this forum and there are like 3 different threads about battery drainage. Not sure what is causing my problem either. I unplugged my phone at 12:30pm and by 4 pm it was at 60% with hardly any usage. It seems like my phone drains, even in standby mode like 10% an hour, or more. I was told to take it into the local store and talk to the techs. I will try and do this tomorrow and see what they tell me.

trainryche

Reaction score
Messaging, maybe

The other day I texted someone at night before bed just off the charger all other apps were killed but messaging was not. In the molrning the phone was at 10 %.