1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery App for time left

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by cwalter24, Nov 18, 2009.

1. cwalter24

cwalter24 New Member

Just curious if anyone knew of a app that would say how much time is left on the battery on the droid. Kinda like a laptop battery that says 4 hours remaining, something along that nature.

Cameron
  2. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

that would be really cool =]...maybe someone will make it if it isnt yet available =]
  3. HarleyDad09

HarleyDad09 New Member

that would be a sweet widget!!
  4. user-name

user-name New Member

Well... when the phone is fully charged, you can assume 4-6 hours and count down from there if you actually use the thing. :) I have been very unimpressed with the battery life of my Droid. I would like to see an extended life battery available.
  5. searayman

searayman New Member

seidio will be making extended batteries they have a place holder for them on there website here:

seidioonline.com
  6. the_kwa

the_kwa New Member

something must be up with your phone. I unplugged my droid from the charger at 5:30am and still had battery at 11pm.

i'm extremely impressed with my battery life!
  7. M1dnite

M1dnite Guest

If you have Locale installed it'll EAT your battery. After i uninstalled my battery has improved almost 50%
  8. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

When you have a phone that can run apps, your battery life is extremely dependent on what kind of apps your running.
  9. comic0guy

comic0guy New Member

from my experience and from reading, you might need to leave you phone plugged in for a while....supposedly you should have left it plugged in for 24 hours when you first got it(i didn't)

Just leaving my phone nearly empty of programs overnight(8 hours) it would drop from 100% to 70%. I charged it overnight for two nights in a row.....and now i can get 15 hours of use and still have 70% left(which included some small browsing and 30 min of GPS)
  10. Danthok

Danthok New Member

I agree I use my phone pretty heavily and I still had 50% battery last night when I plugged mine in.
  11. HarleyDad09

HarleyDad09 New Member

I am VERY impressed with my battery life. I switched to a Droid from a Tour..which had a TERRRRRRIBLE battery life!
  12. PatG

PatG New Member

Right now Locale is my second highest battery consuming app (at 12%) after the screen. I'll leave it running for a few more days to see how it works out. But I think I'm better off setting up stuff manually.
  13. comic0guy

comic0guy New Member

how do you have Locale set up, to use GPS? i've used it and doesn't seem to take too much battery life
  14. PatG

PatG New Member

GPS is on, so I guess that's what it is using. I wonder how often the app is checking my location. Whenever I look at my phone, the little GPS icon is showing in the status bar.
  15. comic0guy

comic0guy New Member

yea, that will kill your battery, i think its standard for it to check location every 10 min.............. but depending on where you live, letting it triangulate your location based on cell towers might be good enough, that what i do.....it can even use wifi spot to help too, if you leave wifi on(i don't)
  16. PatG

PatG New Member

Turned GPS off and set it to triangulate using cell towers. It was off by about 5 miles. Actually within the work parameter I have set up. I guess I can try it like that and only enable GPS when I use Navigate.
  17. BiGJaYDROID

BiGJaYDROID New Member

I turned off my gps and i am just letting the phone use the data networks to find my locale saves a ton of battery. im on my droid for 12-15 hrs a day and batter life is excellent and i am running multi apps browsing the web and so on. as for battery life ind i installed an app called mini info it is pretty cool it shows batter life in percentage sd card memory usage and availabity as well as ram usage and availability.
  18. PatG

PatG New Member

Well, just got back to work after lunch. Locale has me waaayyyy off, not even close. Too bad. That means I either use GPS or not use the app.
  19. comic0guy

comic0guy New Member

yea it came be off, its also possible if you give it like 30 minutes, it may find a closer spot
  20. tdog7879

tdog7879 New Member

battery left is a pretty cool app its also a widget! The app displays how much batt. life you have left.. base on this app (if it is accurate) it get 12hrs and 8mins but it is still not fully calibrated.
Search tags for this page
android app for battery time left
android battery app that shows how much time left on battery

android battery app time left

android battery timer app
android best app for time left on battery

battery time left android

how much time is on my battery for android app