Battery & Android OS

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you positive on the texts?

My wife is a text freak and to be honest I don't think her phone makes it from her leaving for work (4:45a) to her first break @ 9 without charging.

I swear her fingers barely touch the keys and she's typed a letter.

She only has the normal battery with display at 25%(ish).

I don't know what to tell you as she bought it for the KB (BB user) and she has 30 chargers so she doesn't care ha.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Good question: I tracked texts for a week- more like a dozen or two per day.

What helped me most was changing launcher (see the Launcher Pro thread in this forum) and setting most apps to kill when phone enters sleep mode. It lasts much much longer and charges much more quickly (60% tp 100% in an hour vs same in several hours).

I understand its pretty random, with such variation in what people run and in what combinations. Anecdotal experiences posted here are a huge help- take them or leave them as you wish - there is something useful for everyone!

Thanks!!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

What helped me most was changing launcher (see the Launcher Pro thread in this forum) and setting most apps to kill when phone enters sleep mode. It lasts much much longer and charges much more quickly (60% tp 100% in an hour vs same in several hours).

I understand its pretty random, with such variation in what people run and in what combinations. Anecdotal experiences posted here are a huge help- take them or leave them as you wish - there is something useful for everyone!

Thanks!!

rocker_girl...how are you getting most apps to kill when the phone enters sleep mode? What are you using to make those settings?

rocket_girl

Reaction score

Thanks!!

rocker_girl...how are you getting most apps to kill when the phone enters sleep mode? What are you using to make those settings?

In stock Task Manager, there is an option (right-side tab) for 'auto-end list'. Check any apps you want to kill when phone enters sleep mode.

Different from Task Killer- which stops apps that then simply restart themselves, this zaps them whenever phone sleeps, which is often! Stops a lot of auto-push stuff (app update notifications). etc. You can see the difference in battery usage stats (stock battery manager in 'settings' menu)...none of the 'auto-end' stuff will show up b/c they're no longer sucking battery in background.

Came across this by accident, trying to uninstall a widget that was not loading yet using battery per usage stats. Killed it (along with many others) once I discovered the option. Magic.

Hope this works for you!

tennvol

Reaction score
I looked for the auto end list and didn't see it. Am I missing something

rocket_girl

Reaction score
I looked for the auto end list and didn't see it. Am I missing something

In Task Manager (the icon looks like a bar graph) there are only two tabs. One of them is auto-end list.