Battery always running hot (ICS .215)

Squeak87

Reaction score
My battery seems to always be running hotter than it should, even when not in use. Could this be a monitor error or is there a way to fix it?

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
::Update::

The app Open Signal Maps was the main reason my battery was running above normal temperature. Still gets pretty warm after about 10 minutes of use though.

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

Montoya321

Reaction score
Mine too, ever since the update, it has gone up to 120 but usually around 109 , i don't think this is normal, if anyone fixed this issue please help.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Since you did the 215 update, have you cleared the cache on your phone and then on the apps?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine too, ever since the update, it has gone up to 120 but usually around 109 , i don't think this is normal, if anyone fixed this issue please help.

120 is normal... I've gotten as high as 130...

Montoya321

Reaction score
And i really haven't done anything different, now i took off all the widgets, switched to an all black screensaver, turned off gps, 4g, lowest dim setting,etc and still the same, although the battery life went way up, 21hrs, but still gets hot during the day.109 deg's

Montoya321

Reaction score
Well, I started to worry because i got a message on my screen stating that the phone screen dimmed to the lowest setting to protect itself.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That message and your battery temp aren't really related afaik. But I'm not 100% on that...

nissanskyline

Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound off topic but my gallery doesn't open I hit it and hit my library and it says unfortunately my gallery has stopped and puts me back to the home screen is there a way I can fix this I hit clear cache and open it again and it still closes on me

jaye712

Reaction score
nissanskyline said:
I know this is gonna sound off topic but my gallery doesn't open I hit it and hit my library and it says unfortunately my gallery has stopped and puts me back to the home screen is there a way I can fix this I hit clear cache and open it again and it still closes on me

Does it wrk on n off?mines been doin that n all of a sudden its been 2 days,i done everything possible, reboot,clearin out data etc....if anything, try quickpic app,same as a gallery n its free,dnt be worryed,lol,jst know ur not the only one with that issue.. u could easily call the Motorola team (up 2 u)n report it..i did that with the netflix app(within the phone) n it got fixed

DROID RAZR/ICS215

nissanskyline

Reaction score
jaye712 said:
Does it wrk on n off?mines been doin that n all of a sudden its been 2 days,i done everything possible, reboot,clearin out data etc....if anything, try quickpic app,same as a gallery n its free,dnt be worryed,lol,jst know ur not the only one with that issue.. u could easily call the Motorola team (up 2 u)n report it..i did that with the netflix app(within the phone) n it got fixed

DROID RAZR/ICS215

No it never worked after the update lol it sucks I like the update but from the looks of it for many people to many bugs shouldn't they test out the update and fixed any bugs they cone across and I'll download that app thanks for the advice

jaye712

Reaction score
nissanskyline said:
No it never worked after the update lol it sucks I like the update but from the looks of it for many people to many bugs shouldn't they test out the update and fixed any bugs they cone across and I'll download that app thanks for the advice

Oh no prob..[censored] sucks dont it haha..someone had the same issue, its where i got quickpic frm..whatever it is,hopefully itll get fixed..

DROID RAZR/ICS215

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
My battery temp has only been up to 116 but its norm is between 77 and 90. Since I stopped letting some apps run in the background it stays significantly cooler. I have cleared the cache as well since updating to .215

<<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius .215}-->>

nissanskyline

Reaction score
jaye712 said:
Oh no prob..Effin sucks dont it haha..someone had the same issue, its where i got quickpic frm..whatever it is,hopefully itll get fixed..

DROID RAZR/ICS215

Quickpic is way better then the stock phone gallery thanks for telling me about it

jaye712

Reaction score
About the topic...
I sware this morning,b4 i went to sleep,i powered my phone off @10% n kept it on the charger..but when i took my phone off the charger, it was dead..(weird)..i charged it to 60% , the phone was on fire for some reason.its been a while since my phone got hot like that..guess ill keep an eye on it later n see if it does ot agian

DROID RAZR/ICS215