Battery after the OTA UPDATE

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
My battery life is excellent! Got almost 22hrs with my extended battery, when before I was getting 12. Now what do I do with my 3 extra batteries..lol

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

hoosiermama

Reaction score
I have the extended battery, and have a docking station at work. I play Pandora most of the day at work, so I just charge it there. I left work at noon on Friday, and used it pretty heavily Friday afternoon, Friday evening and Saturday. During that time, I played games, texted, made phone calls and surfed the web. Oh, and I have an app called "screen on" and forgot to deactivate that...so the screen was on quite a bit. Finally had to charge it on Saturday evening, when the battery indicator was into the orange when I went to bed.

I'm pleased with the extended battery life!

TyrantII

Reaction score
Currently have 10% left and it says that 39hours!

Extended battery, and light use (only texting, internet, maps/gps).... but so far happy with the extended battery + update!

dancedroid

SomeThingWicked

Reaction score
Yes I've noticed a HUGE increase in my battery life. I used to have to be plugged in constantly while I was at home because that's where and when i use my phone the most. Now......I can play with my DX all day and only have to plug in at night. Imagine that, an OTA update that makes things better. Weird.

militant

Reaction score
My battery has been stellar even since day 1. I once posted a screen shot of 40 hours on battery with the standard battery still at 40%..I have since upgraded to the extended. With normal medium use, I get down to about 50-60%. I finally have the new ota, and rerooted and froze the bloat, will be interesting to see how I do now. Wonder if ill be able to go 3 days light use? I can get over 1 solid with heavy now as it is.

*annoying tapatalk sig here*

J24

Reaction score
I've noticed the cell standby is definitely better but my battery overall doesn't seem to be that much different. I've been on my phone for 29 minutes now since I woke up, reading the news, checking facebook, and this forum and its already down to 90%.

Riley

Reaction score
Updated...medium use...regular battery, 40% left after 19+ hours unplugged.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Fr33dom

Reaction score

Well that pretty much answers a question about whether the update included the latest PRL. Mine is 52522 which came out just before the update.

Those of you who say your battery might be a little worse, have you updated your PRL? I know that helped me.

J24

Reaction score
How do you do that?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
*226 and choose option 2.

Some also say *22899 but I've had issues with it.

J24

Reaction score
I'll definitely try that because I'm already at 48% with 6 1/2 hours unplugged and I even gave it about 20 minutes of car charging on my way to work.

J24

Reaction score
And now down to 42% after browsing this and facebook on my break. 6% in 15 minutes of facebook? Should that be right?

Lardman

Reaction score
And now down to 42% after browsing this and facebook on my break. 6% in 15 minutes of facebook? Should that be right?

Curious.. How do you know your phones exact battery life percentages? Is that a root feature or is there an app for it?