Battery actually discharges while connected to car dock and car power adapter

anubis442

Reaction score
Does this happen to anyone else? I live in a 4g area and my battery can't charge the phone fast enough to even keep up while using the navigation. What is the point then?! It is very frustrating. I love this phone but this one is really bothering me since I used to use my Droid all the time as a GPS nav. Is there a higher power car adapter I should be using?

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i used NAVI yesterday and my car lighter charger and my phone was done/finished/100% when I got to my destination

CDuke619

Reaction score
Mine charges faster than it dies unless its being charged on the computer. But my Verizon car charger does good

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i used NAVI yesterday and my car lighter charger and my phone was done/finished/100% when I got to my destination

Same here, no issues charging while in the car....

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had this happen due to an app consuming my battery faster than my phone could charge. I would recommend rebooting then keeping tabs on what is draining your batteries.

shiccy

Reaction score
Don't have thunderbolt but had the same issue w/ D1 while using goog nav/pandora simultaneously. Was 90% when plugged in, and 70% after my 2hr car ride. After subsequent updates to the OS/maps/nav I haven't had this issue as much... You may just need an update?

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Mine caught on fire through my car adapter.

The Yugo just doesn't charge like it used to.

neoterixx64

Reaction score
I had this with d2 make sure the phone isn't in direct sunlight.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

techguru

Reaction score
Is there a higher power car adapter I should be using?
Yes, you need 1000mah rated adapter.
Even with a 1000mah if you run gps, stream BT Audio, and run the video camera it will discharge faster than itvcan charge. I found a Scoche 2.1 amp charger (look for iPad chargers) that keeps up. The rgulator in the Tbolt charge circuitry still limits it to 1amp net input so it doesn't fry the phone (used 'current widget' to verify, and tested on my Incedible which has the same issue before risking my new Thunderbolt).

Alan

joh2141

Reaction score
Yeah yet advanced task killers and turn off all essentials before each time u put down the phone. U also need a more powerful charger if problem persists.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I run a 500 ma charger and if I run any app like music or nav it won't charge. It stays even. I also have a 2.1 amp charger for my iPad and when I use it I can run nav and music and get a good charge. Phone runs Cooler too. I wish I could find a 2 amp plug with two usb ports so I can charge two devices at once.

Nate

joh2141

Reaction score
They sell those chargers at the store I work at. One is already connected which fits ur Tb and a usb plug for a second. Be wary of how much charge it takes from ur car battery if you're driving a car with an old battery

OP
A

anubis442

Reaction score
The charger I bought is this one from the VZ store last week, but can't seem to find the rating on it.
I also wasn't running anything except the navi, no pandora, slacker, calls etc...
I am actually taking back the phone today since I am having trouble with the speaker making this horrible buzzing sound in my ear while on a call, so maybe the new phone will be better. I'll let everyone know.