Battery = 107.6 degrees...normal?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is this normal?

Don't know if it's normal, but in certain situations I've felt the battery get quite warm. It's nothing to be concerned about unless it actually burns you. Then something is malfunctioning.

I've never had a phone yet where the battery didn't get hot from time to time.

ice456789

Reaction score
Just a guess, but I would say that is perfectly within bounds. That's probably the average temp of my PC processor when idle, and I have a huge heat sink and 6 fans (I overclocked it just a wee bit). When it gets up above 50c (122f) that's when I'd pull the battery.

Istus

Reaction score
I've always experienced warming of batteries when they are used/charged. Here is a reply from the Motorola Support forums regarding battery heat. I think you are well within reasonable limits.

Any battery will warm under use and charging. Lithium batteries have an optium temperature range between 80-140 F. Additionally, their shelf life is approximately 2 years whether they're used or not. Is your battery getting warmer than 140 degrees? If not, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
ummm are you telling us the temp in degrees F or degrees C? if you use the voice dialer app and say "Check battery" it will open a panel with info and it shows battery condition including temp in Celsius. my phone sitting on my desk pretty much idle except for occasional text and email today so far says 27c.

I'm guessing you mean F 107 in celsius would prob have your phone melting lol.

rathat

Reaction score
107 isn't very hot at all, thats just slightly warm. but keep in mind that batteries loose power faster when they are even slightly warm. keeping it on a holster will make a noticeable difference from keeping it in your pocket.

Mateles

Reaction score
If it's hotter than 107 where you are, then I'd say that's pretty good.