Batter Saving Methods

Fizban22

Reaction score
Anyone have any good battery saving techniques? And does 'Batter Saver Mode' make the phone perform noticably slower than say, Smart Mode?

Also, I downloaded the Advanced Task Killer because my verizon rep told me to. After doing a little reasearch though, I heard that having this actually kills the battery faster because it is constantly running. Is it better or worse to have this?

And again, please share any tips to help save battery life longer?

cromo8

Reaction score
biggest tips i can give you, are no task killers, lower your screen brightness thats the biggest battery user, i went from full brightness to about 1/4 and added a good three hours of battery, vibrate also uses more battery than silent and ringtone/notifications

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As said.... don't use a task killer.

It runs in the background... which uses battery, and it kills tasks that the OS will re-open anyway, which will there again use more battery.

Let the OS do it's job and avoid the task killers :)

rickreno

Reaction score
I've turned off GMails autosync features (contacts, mail and something else). I'm dealing with horrible battery life, less than a day.

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score
wow, i deleted my task killer and the phone runs noticably faster. i also dimmed the backlight, so ill have to wait and see the difference on battery life. thanks for the help!

xjman349

Reaction score
If you are unhappy with the battery life on the x don't get an incredible. Coming from dinc the x battery is freaking awesome.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
All the battery profiles shouldn't have any effect on the phone's performance. AFAIK, they only control how often data is pulled down. I keep mine on smart mode and am getting excellent battery life.

sneakumlax

Reaction score
So we should not have a task killer? How do we go about shutting them down? or do we just leave them up?

bs1946

Reaction score
Found out from VZ tech that turning off GPS, bluetooth, and wifi when you are not using them also greatly improves battery life.

dB Zac

Reaction score
Found out from VZ tech that turning off GPS, bluetooth, and wifi when you are not using them also greatly improves battery life.
You needed verizon to tell you that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ninjabox

Reaction score

Yes they do, also turning down the screen brightness. I have mine set at 14%, and when I can't see it, on the android power widget hit the brightness button and your good to go. and adjusting how your widgets sync/update. To check your widget go into them then hit the menu button and check out the settings.

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
I have the GPS / Wifi toggle on my main page so I can make sure to turn them off when not in use, I leave my brightness on auto and I use my phone constantly. Yesterday I took my phone off the charger @5AM and put it back on @ 11PM and it still had 40% battery.

Very, very happy with the DX battery, as I was charging the incredible 3 times a day in some cases.