batter is dying pretty fast, bad battery or bad rom??

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Axium

Reaction score
Something is definitely weird. Went about 7ish hours VERY minimal usage, went from 100-70. Go play on browser and it slowly jumps to 50, then a few minutes later 20. Eventually goes down to 10 then I reboot and it goes up to 30, now @ 20%. Been switching kernels around like crazy. Can't seem to find the magic combo.

Sent from my The Ultimate DROiD 2.0.0 URBaN using Tapatalk

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
mine is about the same way with a different kernel, it went from 100 - 70 while i was sleep with the phone set to minimum everything. i need to try the governor but it looks kinda confusing to me, i wouldn't wanna make the phone worse than what it is

Kevinmon

Reaction score
I can confirm that with UD2.1.0, my phone now jumps directly from 50% to 20% battery. Did not have this problem in UD2.0.0, so it must be a bug with the new version.

Meowmix

Reaction score
I was having bad battery life as well. I'm using slayher 1100 kernal. I checked the build.prop for this rom via root explorer and the wifi scan interval is set at 15. I changed this to 60 and my battery life changed dramatically for the better. So if you have changed kernals first with no luck, change your build prop, reboot and have fun.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Axium

Reaction score
I was having bad battery life as well. I'm using slayher 1100 kernal. I checked the build.prop for this rom via root explorer and the wifi scan interval is set at 15. I changed this to 60 and my battery life changed dramatically for the better. So if you have changed kernals first with no luck, change your build prop, reboot and have fun.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

that interval is in seconds? what if one doesnt use wifi, if wifi is off changing that doesnt do anything right? is it possible to also increase the scan to say 120 or is that too high? and if cell standby is taking up a large % of idle battery time how would you go about minimizing it? im seeing very decent battery life atm but im all for making it better even if its a small increase.

Meowmix

Reaction score
yeah you could change that to 120, i dont know what that will change for your wifi exactly, or how it does give you better battery life, but it does for some reason. I keep mine around 60 seconds and it helps with every rom. This change does require a reboot so keep that in mind. I did notice that blackdroid did add an additional line for that wifi scan at the bottom of the build prop. I just changed the line at the middle and everything worked great

Meowmix

Reaction score
Also you might consider using clockwork recovery under advanced to reset your batt stats.