batter is dying pretty fast, bad battery or bad rom??

ucpro

Reaction score
my battery life has been suffering for a while which is why i only oc to 800mhz. the weird thing is that it'll go from 80% to 40% when i'm sleeping. everything is turned off except for the sync. the brightness is at the minimum, and i have everything at silent. i woke up and got on the internet and went to 2 pages (no flash) and the battery went down to 20% is anybody else havin this problem because i'm really not tryin to buy a new battery especially for a phone i'm not gonna have for another 3 or 4 months

lerit50

Reaction score
Try a different kernel and test it out to see. If a new kernel doesn't work then try another rom. Basically you need to keep testing out kernels and roms until you find one that works well with what you want from a battery and performance standpoint.

I've been testing roms and kernels for about a week now and have found a combo (see my sig) that work well on my phone.

Each phone reacts to a rom and kernel differently, so this is truly the only way to see what is best for your phone.

Also, try using the setcpu profiles, they work very well in conserving battery life when the phone isn't in use.

kingpg

Reaction score
Bad battery or bad kernel is the question?? what kernel are you running? and have you checked your batteries voltage level, it might just be dieing out.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
Try a different kernel and test it out to see. If a new kernel doesn't work then try another rom. Basically you need to keep testing out kernels and roms until you find one that works well with what you want from a battery and performance standpoint.

I've been testing roms and kernels for about a week now and have found a combo (see my sig) that work well on my phone.

Each phone reacts to a rom and kernel differently, so this is truly the only way to see what is best for your phone.

Also, try using the setcpu profiles, they work very well in conserving battery life when the phone isn't in use.
i'm gonna try that slayer out. i haven't messed with the setcpu or other kernels since ud has that stuff build in.

lerit50

Reaction score

i'm gonna try that slayer out. i haven't messed with the setcpu or other kernels since ud has that stuff build in.

I would use setcpu. I tried UD 2.0 and still used setcpu to use the profile settings (screen off). And believe me, just because I say that slayher kernels play nicely with my phone while i'm on lithium mod doesn't mean that it will play nicely with you on UD. Kernels react differently with phones AND roms. While slayher might run cool with good battery life and smoothly on lithium mod for me, it lagged my phone badly when I tried it out on UD.

Pretty much find a rom you like, then test every kernel you can find on it to get your best fit.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
If all else fails, do a factory reset. I had my battery drain like crazy in the past, and eventually I just did a factory reset after no luck doing other things. My battery life went back to normal.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
well before following all advice id check the battery use andsee whats using the most battery and make sure its not standby.

kraigballa

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I just downloaded and installed UD Rom yesterday, and already my battery seems to be draining pretty fast. According to my battery monitor Phone Idle and Cell Standby are using up the most. Any ideas on what I can do?

Last edited:

jgrubbs

Reaction score
also check and see which governor your using as well. interactive is set by default, and that didnt like my phone at all. switched to on demand like i always do and battery was back to normal.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I just downloaded and installed UD Rom yesterday, and already my battery seems to be draining pretty fast. According to my battery monitor Phone Idle and Cell Standby are using up the most. Any ideas on what I can do?

then your phone is spemding a ton of time looking for service, are you in a bad area?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Id try a different kernel and give SetCPU a shot. US had OC built in, but you cant customize the profiles like you can with SetCPU. My phone also didnt play nice with the stock kernel either.

kraigballa

Reaction score
Id try a different kernel and give SetCPU a shot. US had OC built in, but you cant customize the profiles like you can with SetCPU. My phone also didnt play nice with the stock kernel either.

On demand works great with my UD 2 and Chevy 1.2 LV

I'm new too all of this, how do I change to "on demand" and how can I go about changing my kernel to Chevy 1.2 LV? Also what is SetCPU for...I mean I understand that it allows you to set max and min Mhz, but what does that even mean?

Thanks

Last edited:

kraigballa

Reaction score

then your phone is spemding a ton of time looking for service, are you in a bad area?

I'm in a good area. My phone always has service and I never see anything that shows "looking for service"

daddyshatch

Reaction score
I had battery issues with TUH too. Switched roms and I last hours longer. Maybe things will be better when the update finally comes out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App