Batman v Superman spoiler talk

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by pc747, Mar 27, 2016.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,818
    If you have not seen the movie pass on this thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Saw it last night..it started odd and kinda came together.. I have to admit..aflek pulled off a tolerable Batman performance.. The fighting scenes were alot like the fighting in the arkham games..so..I think it was done pretty well..one complaint was the batsuit..it just kinda seemed like cloth...it stopped a bullet to the brain..so obviously was more than just that... We all have our take on what it should look like..I think a tad more like armor..but not so much like the last few movies...if that makes sense..but that's just being nit picky...

3. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    My girl and I went to see the first showing on Thursday night. She's a huge Batman fan, but I've never really been into the heroes-type movies.

We were both disappointed, in both, Affleck's performance and the final Bat-suit. It reminded her of RoboCop.

4. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,818
    This is by far the best batman we have seen on screen yet. Ben Affleck's batman is what we wanted to see in batman. I also liked seeing the Batman superman fight. This movie is one of those movies that were full of easter eggs, in fact too many easter eggs. I understand the movie came out easter weekend but making a movie full of easter eggs takes a vast majority of people out of it. The other issue I had was batman actually murdering people. Look I am not going to say he "has to save them (reference to Batman Begins)" but there is one thing to not save someone and another thing to straight up murder multiple people.

Lex Luthor was poorly cast, Jessie Eisenberg would have made a great riddler but really angered me by his betrayal of Lex. Lex is suppose to be this rich genius who finds away to slither out of trouble while causing a headache for superman.

If you are a Superman fan I think you may end up walking out pissed and I would not blame you as Zack Snyder took a wiz on both Doomsday and Lex Luthor (2 iconic characters in the Superman universe).

If you are a Batman fan you have to feel excited about finally getting a good fit for both Batman/Bruce Wayne but disappointed about the moral compass. Not using guns and killing people have been what separated Batman from characters like the Punisher. Between Superman snapping necks and Batman killing people I am not liking the direction Zack Snyder has taken these iconic heroes.

At the end of the day I overall liked the movie but have to admit there were some letdowns. Between the sloppy editing, the poor writing for Superman, the reason for the conflict between BvS, and Lex Luthor, I can not blame people from walking out disappointed. Especially being that WB literally showed the entire movie in the trailers.

I had this pegged as the best movie of 2016 and now I think that WB needs to take the reigns from Zac Snyder because he right now is literally taking the excitement that was with the Nolan movies and literally letting the air out. WB still have time to right the ship as we have a awesome Batman in Affleck as well as a strong cast of character both with villains and heroes. For a movie I looked forward to since it was first announced, I feel like the people at WB are trying so hard to catch up to be like Marvel that they are losing what made them special and that is their iconic characters. And right now they are literally destroying the advantage (shooting themselves in the foot).

5. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,818
    @94lt1 I know you saw what I saw with the training Bruce was doing. That clip cut with some good music literally would be a visual pre-workout.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,818
  7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Its not Batman like to be uncalculated. He's a thinking man's thinker.. And for him to go off half ripped like that isn't the bat...thats why we're having a hard time with it..a person lacking self control would be easy for poison ivy to control.. This Batman was more a rage-a-holic than the controlled bat we're used to...

As far as lex..they did an OK job but needed to see why he was so obsessed with Superman..

The bat costume for the fight with Superman was straight out of the comics and I don't even like the comics...

His gray costume...all these different ears and heads and cowls ..you'd think if his cowl could stop a knife..his body armor ├žould..
    I did love his training.I liked his fighting style.. It was kenpo and shorin ryu with some other style...his cape was a weakness..as i thought it would be..but I liked what they showed..alot more than other films..but...he should've been more powerful.. This is the biggest Batman yet...if I were Batman..I promise..I have martial arts behind me..and lots of.power and mma...one hit ko's would be easy... They should've considered that..

• Like Like x 1
  8. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,818
    Part of the rage was because he lost Robin and then he lost a bunch of people in the Superman vs Zod fight. Something poorly portrayed by the poor writing and directing.

This movie should have focused more on the conflict between Batman and Superman. I mean the story writes itself. Batman doesn't trust people and is willing to go as close to the edge, without killing, to get information (even closer after the loss of a friend) Superman believes in doing it the right way.

They were trying to show a more rage fueled Batman that ended up returning closer to the brink of sanity based on his interactions with Superman. Unfortunately poor writing got in the way of this so about time you got to the end people didn't care. That ending (not going to spoil it here) should have affected everyone in the theater emotionally, including Batman fans. But when you have sloppy writing, poor story (especially for the Superman character), and lack of confidence by showing too much in the trailers, you get what we have now. I mean it's Batman vs Superman no trailer other than the first trailer was needed. Maybe have pictures of Batman emblem and Superman emblem. But people are going to see it. And if the story is good word of mouth will get people in the theaters. This was done with guardians of the Galaxy and dead pool.

Zack Snyder really needs to at least take second string to a better director. He spent too much time trying to make a movie for comic geeks that he alienated the core audience. Nolan's Batman universe was not perfect and it was just as dark as what Snyder wanted to be in his universe. But when people walked out of the movies, especially the Dark Knight, people applauded despite it taking a deviation from the story arc of the comics.

I really was hoping they found away to capture the iconic Superman we loved and put him against an angry Batman from the Dark Knight comics and it resulted in a movie that both Batman and Superman fans would have loved.

What made the World's Finest stick out was how both Batman and Superman went from not trusting each other to eventually becoming good friends even though they are 2 different sides of the same coin, where Batman trusts no one not even his eventual friends in the Justice league, and Superman was truly a boys scout who believed in truth and justice.

Batman being three to four steps ahead of his opponent is what made him a valuable member of the league despite his lack of powers. And Superman was "the big gun". Combined they make a great team. But even better us how they represent their cities. Gotham is dark and grimy while metropolis is clean and upscale. Metropolis would not put up with Batman in as Superman being too trusting would find himself losing to the darkness of the criminals of Gotham, something that portrayed itself in Justice Gods.

I still do not know how WB managed to trip over themselves like this. Someone should have pulled Snyder aside along time ago and paired him with a good story teller. Someone who could tell a story to go with what Snyder is able to do with action. But also to reign Snyder in as he learned nothing from the backlash he got from The Man of Steel movie.

So much potential and it is right there. I think that is what drove fans nuts about the movie.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

9. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    He lost Robin to the joker. So unrelated to this ..I can see it adding to the rage..but in all of the Batman comics..didn't he lose a few Robin's?? And in the killing joke batgirl was paralyzed... I'm gathering bits and pieces ..as I said ..I'm nit a huge conic book fan..hasn't prevented me from being a fan but it's left blanks I needed to fill in..,

10. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,818

Deleted Scene

11. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,818
  12. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,818
    Explains why Lex Luthor was going crazy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk