Bathing your Droid

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Pro tip: Silica packets (you know, the ones that say "DO NOT EAT" on them) work better than rice. True story. Every time I get a package that contains one I put it in a ziplock baggy and keep it in my truck just in case...if it gets wet I drop the phone in the baggy, zip it and leave it for a few days. I saved an LG Dare this way and it worked until the day I sold it to buy my D1 some six months later, and I've exposed my D1 to water and moisture many times...remove the battery, zip it and dry it out. =)

Reaction score
Yeah the rice thing works...to an extent. Unfortunately most people "try to see if their phone is ruined" before giving the rice thing a whirl. I found what works best for me is puling the battery immediately and putting it in a ziplock bag of rice, and putting it somewhere decently warm (for evaporation purposes) and leaving it for a day or less, you'd be surprised how many times I've saved my wife's phone like this lol... unfortunately I wasn't home last time she dunked her Droid x (and they are the most easily damaged by water) so she kept trying it lol. FYI best buy insurance is WAY better than anything the phone companies will offer ;)

You have just been post pwned

celtic11

Reaction score
lol.... anyone that knows anything at all knows that rice does not draw out moisture it absorbs moisture on contact.

The rice doesn't draw out the moisture so much as it absorbs moisture around the phone causing moisture to naturally move from an area of higher concentration to less concentration. But I don't know anything...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

TyrantII

Reaction score
If the rice thing doesn't work, just grab a cheap Zack Morris phone off ebay for like $5. Make sure the ESN is clear and you're good to go for 2-3 weeks. Did it once in a pnich since a NE2 was only a few months away.
nokia_5110.jpg

googlelover

Reaction score
If the rice thing doesn't work, just grab a cheap Zack Morris phone off ebay for like $5. Make sure the ESN is clear and you're good to go for 2-3 weeks. Did it once in a pnich since a NE2 was only a few months away.
nokia_5110.jpg
Uhh dont do this if you want to keep your unlimited data, unless that ancient thing is considered a smartphone..

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a myth. It will not work. Water ruins the electronics in the phone and rice will not fix it. Verizon allows one return or exchange, no questions asked within 14 days of purchase. There is a 35 fee for this.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

This isn't a myth. Water does not ruin "electronics" in a phone. They short the circuitry and more times than not, if you dry out the device, it will work properly afterwards.

pxndx89

Reaction score
Hey just make some rice instead of wasting it lol.....well mine got water n my phone stop working but I did leave my phone off for a week n then it work fine..I still have it right now....n well plp complain cus they want live with out textin or making call jk lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Sometimes you can request to pay for something even if you aren't going to use it... A friend of mine payed for the iPhone plan so he could have it for 10 a month or whatever it was for like a year before he got one lol

You have just been post-pwned via my DROID 2