1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bass Booster or equalizer for Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jpak, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Jpak

Jpak New Member

Anyone know of any bass boost or Equalizer for Droid? Id like to be able to adjust bass and treble thx.
  2. blu1080

blu1080 New Member

I was looking but I couldn't find one! It would be great to be able to adjust the EQ when listening to music:)
  3. Randomocity

Randomocity New Member

This was brought up before. The common consensus was that you'll probably need root access to use some kind of equalizer.
  4. blu1080

blu1080 New Member

found one!!

Audio player with EQ. found it on the market tonight. It has an EQ which I used with my bose headphones and the equalizer actually works pretty good! But the app itself sucks!:icon_evil: Its unorganized and laggy as hell! if they would these problems it could be really cool!
  5. blu1080

blu1080 New Member

sorry I meant if they would fix these problems.
  6. brindanoize

brindanoize New Member

-Well, the dev did it. They said you'd have to root the phone to get an equalizer but sound wise, with the quality (and unfortunately memory usage) turned up, you get a real good bass boost on the droid which no one else has done.

Of course playlist support is a dire need, as are fixing the lag due to so much mem usage. But this at least proves it Can be done and now we just gotta wait for someone to take on the challenge. But for now, don't mind going to shuffle on all my collection.

Do a search for EQ on the market it's the only app there.
  7. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

Keep this updated for future apps with EQ. Would like to see what alternatives exist.

For now, I use Pandora which automatically sounds good so no need to use EQ there.
  8. crspang

crspang New Member

bump.....any ideas?
  9. brindanoize

brindanoize New Member

-Surprised there wouldnt be more of a demand for this...after all the last 30 years is been dominated by hiphop and other bass heavy genres.

Btw, an ipdate on the usage of the app...its just not usable...lags when anything at all is done on the phone.

Are there really no bass loving droid devs...or at least those who wanna equalize their sound?
  10. BrokeStat

BrokeStat New Member

i been looking for an equalizer for my droid since i got it.. i thought for sure there would be one
  11. crspang

crspang New Member

Me too. I did try some LG ear buds that came with my son's LG Rhytm, and the quality and richness was better with those than with the sony's I have. Still no way to EQ though.
  12. Jaylor

Jaylor New Member

I'm honestly happy just using the Phillips Earbuds.. the baseboosting ones. They pump out so much bass and sound you can't turn the volume up past 60% or you're going to regret it.
  13. sokitumi

sokitumi New Member

the inability to have a (quality) audio player with an EQ without root is unacceptable. This shouldn't really be about bumping hiphop bass or treb, nor is it about the droid being a phone not a media player. All audio recordings have some bias, and usually need fine tuning to the output device(s).

To me, this is about my droid not being able to something my $9.99 mp3 player can.
  14. Droidlicous

Droidlicous New Member

Well I use mine for the car as an "USB Mass Storage" so I have no problem. If I wanna listen to earbuds I'll plug up my Ipod Touch cuz that's what I bought it for!
  15. kacansas03

kacansas03 New Member

Bought one and I like it so far

It said I paid a little more than that but I have the newst CYberFort app. now AudioPlayer With EQ Platinum and it seems to be working fine. I use Sennheiser headphone with my Droid Eris along with an amp to boost the signal(necessary with ANY mp3 player for these) but they give great bass if driven properly. I love bass and really just had to have the full version. The free version just gives a taste. It's not WinAmp but it will do for now. More tomorrow.
  16. evilsock

evilsock New Member

yea but is it worth 30 bux american?
    let me know as i am an audiophile
  17. tbever

tbever New Member

I bought a cMoy bass boost headphone amp from JDS labs, which works great with the droid. It is a bit fiddly with extra hardware which is a downside but if you like bass this is a good option. A bit pricey though around $65 for the bass boost edition.
  18. kacansas03

kacansas03 New Member

Value of App.

I have not heard that term recently, Audiophile, which I am also. The prime reason I own 4 pairs of different Sennheisers. Plus a whole lot of other equipment and I am quite particular about the sound that I hear. My judgement is that the App is well worth the US $27 although I might also opt for the bass amp had I known that someone made one that could be easy to use with a portable device. My complaint with those devices is the lack of overall frequency control, this EQ app gives you 32 cycles, 64 cycles, 125, 250 and on up so it gives you much control however the Eris can't quite handle the level of boost you can give the bass And the volume. It does put out a clean signal at the units normal highest volume level at full bass boost on 32 and 64 cycles 8 db on 125 and 4 db on 250 and 0 on the rest. I ran it that way on many different pieces and it did well. I'll know more as I run more tests.
  19. evilsock

evilsock New Member

please keep me posted, im so close to parting with 27 bux for this. i am using a pair of "DJ style" BT headphones (motorola s805) and ive tried them both wireless with bluetooth, and plugged into the wire they cam with, as i was suspecting the quality is better with the wire, but both lack bass and treble.
    if this app will even come close to fixing my issues i will hand over 27 bux to china! so please keep the tests going.
    also noticed you had a eris. anyone with a moto droid tried this app? just to see if there are any FC or bugs.
    thanks and thanks again
  20. kacansas03

kacansas03 New Member

Sound quality

I feel this app from CyberSoft does the job well of boosting by 12 DB frequencies at the ends of the spectrum. I Used to buy inexpensive headphones and headphones for a particular purpose but I have found that the better manufacturers make superior equipment so you end up spending less money. From your description and the information online I can not be sure a single 12 DB boost will be enough to bring up your response to flat. You can download the trial version and play a song to see what you think.
Search tags for this page
adjusting the bass on my android
bass boost mp3 players for android
bass booster root
bass for android
driod x equizer
droid incredible music equalizer
equalizer for droid
equalizer on a motorola droid 4
how to add bass to android
how to adjust bass on android
how to boost bass on android