Basketball stats application

motownk

Reaction score
I am looking for a basketball stats application. I would like to keep track of offensive and defensive rebounds, steals, assists, blocked shots, free-throws attempted and free-throws made by each player on the team.

I would also like to keep track of the opponents offensive and defensive rebound totals.

Is there anything like this for the droid?

Thanks,
Motownk

OP
M

motownk

Reaction score
Does the ESPN app allow you to track your own stats? I would like to keep track of my sons games. Basketball now, but baseball and soccer later...

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
Does the ESPN app allow you to track your own stats? I would like to keep track of my sons games. Basketball now, but baseball and soccer later...

In terms of stats..........NO , it gives you the game leaders and their stats. But , for the rest of the team they do not have any stats

Gsharrow

Reaction score
update

to the OP, did you ever find something? I am inthe same boat, I am coaching an in-house 8-10th grade team and it would be nice to do the basic stats on both my team and the opponent during the game.

OP
M

motownk

Reaction score
I haven't found anything but I would like to soon. The season tips off in 2 weeks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Gsharrow

Reaction score
here is what I found so far

Well, here is what I have seen in the verizon "market" looking for opinions of anyone who has used them

My basketball stats - Pay
basketball stats book - pay
basketball stats - pay
Youth basketball stats tracker - pay
bballstats - free
Quick stats basketball - pay - looks interesting, but no rating
scstats Pro - pay - tracks other sports as well

All of the pay apps are $4 or less (most around $2)

If anyone has used anything else they like please add them as well. I may just download and try them out if I don't get any feedback.

sajon603

Reaction score
Downloaded the "Basketball Score Book" - it is great you can enter all your players - can download to your computer - one drawback is that you can't zoom in so it is almost impossible to tap on the correct player, correct stat.

Gsharrow

Reaction score
update

I tried the score book and returned it (like the other poster mentioned the screen font is too small and no way to zoom it). I also had trouble figuring out how to fix mistakes (put a rebound on the wrong player). I admit I did not look long to figure this out because the screen font size was a deal breaker.

I then downloaded basketball stats (the full version not lite) and so far it looks to meet my very basic needs. It does points, fouls and rebounds per player, per team. It will let you save many (seems like as many as you want) teams. A couple things I don't like are every thing is recorded by player number (that is all that is displayed). the report/email you can send does include both but not while recording. Also you set up the team and there is a way to check whether the player is active, but it appears that doesn't do much in the record screens (you still see everybody). It only supports half's, not quarters or other user defined periods (in my league they do eighths 5 minutes in length). This is not a big deal but would be nice.

You can email results of a game which is great, but it is formatted text which is good, but it would be better to also include a csv option to make it easier to track over multiple games.

jammer

Reaction score
Basketball Stats PRO

I've used the PRO version of Basketball Stats by Hayava. It tracks all the necessary stats including the Offensive and Defensive rebounds you want.

I like being able to view all the player stats via an html page right on your phone and being able to save games for later viewing.

It's been will worth the money so far.

Gsharrow

Reaction score
another update

Jammer,

I just download the pro version today. I like the extra features, the only thing I didn't like was I could not export my team info from the regular version into the proversion. Also it appears to have a bug with regards to decrementing stats fields. You should be able to have less than 0 shot attempts, fouls, points, steals, etc.

I still would like to see the names or part of a name of a player on the tracking screen as well. I will test it more completely with our game saturday, but in general this is a good app. It is amazing how kids sometimes don't realize what actually happened during a game. I had one player who argued with me over how many turn overs he had in the first half. Three other players agreed with what I had tracked. In the second half he almost had none.

It is a great teaching tool.

magixxsteven

Reaction score
I've used the PRO version of Basketball Stats by Hayava. It tracks all the necessary stats including the Offensive and Defensive rebounds you want.

I like being able to view all the player stats via an html page right on your phone and being able to save games for later viewing.

It's been will worth the money so far.

Does this work fine?

jammer

Reaction score
I think it does. Like I mentioned above it would be nice see names and when it lets you fix things you can go negative (go below zero) on points rebounds etc which should not be possible

I see they fixed the negative issue recently.... I think I'll ask them to display the names on the screen some where and see what happens.

BryRuss3

Reaction score
Drag and Drop Tablet Basketball Stats App

If you guys have a Tablet, you should check out Basketball Stats Guru HD, with full drag and drop stat-keeping ability. Saves home and away box scores as well as team totals, which you can email to anyone as a tab-delimited file (Excel and other spreadsheets).