Basic Swype question

dfmember

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to erase a paragraph with Swype? All this backspacing is getting old. :)

J*Bishop

Reaction score
i think the fastest way is to long press the delete key.

OP
D

dfmember

Reaction score
But don't I have to highlight the paragraph? It won't let me do that.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
i don't think so. the first couple words get deleted slowly and then it speeds up.

OP
D

dfmember

Reaction score
I don't see a delete key. The closest thing is backspace.

jy2042

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to erase a paragraph with Swype? All this backspacing is getting old. :)

If you want to select text in Swype, you probably will need to be on the editing keyboard. To get there, swipe from Swype logo key to the SYM key. In portrait mode, this should be a swipe from left to right of the two keys at the bottom left of the screen. In landscape mode, this is a swipe from the top left of the keyboard (Swype logo key) all the way to the bottom left of the keyboard (SYM key).

To select text, use the arrow keys to get to where you want to start selecting text. Then click on the Select Text key. Click on the arrow keys to start moving the cursor and it will start highlighting.

I'm not sure if this way is any faster or more efficient than just holding down the delete key, but hope this helps.

cisco0910

Reaction score
No, you don't long press the backspace key. like if ur using handcent, adress bar on browser or even like a box in the quick reply on this page you can long press and select cut all. Hope that clarifies some

J*Bishop

Reaction score
No, you don't long press the backspace key. like if ur using handcent, adress bar on browser or even like a box in the quick reply on this page you can long press and select cut all. Hope that clarifies some

thx and good to know. i figured out how to get to the select cut all screen.

OP
D

dfmember

Reaction score
Okay, long press anywhere and a menu comes up, choose to select text, which doesn't work very well....or to select all, then long press again and choose to Cut. That's all I know.:icon_ banana:

jy2042

Reaction score
Dfmember, like I said, just long press and select cut all. Bypass all that other steps you mentioned

That works well if you just want to clear everything. But what if you're working in a notepad app, there are multiple paragraphs, and you just want to delete one paragraph? The cut all would take all paragraphs out.