Basic Operations

Petra

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I do hope this is the correct group to post such questions.

May I ask, how do I accomplish these tasks? I just got the droid x :) and I would love to learn how to complete the following:

> Renaming an app and/or changing its size (is this done from settings?);
> Placing some apps in folders (I have learned how to create folders, just not renaming them, resizing them, etc);
> Removing some annoying apps from the full app menu (e.g. amazon mp3, kindle, blockbuster, etc);

.. oh, and if any of you have other advice for a first-time user, please let me know.

Thanks soooooooooo much!!!!!

Kisses,

Petra

Last edited:

harrellj

Reaction score
The bundled apps (Blockbuster/Amazon MP3) are all system apps and can only be removed if you root the phone. As for renaming folders, after you create it, tap the folder on the home screen, and long press on the title bar in the new window. It should give you the option to rename.

Renaming an app on any of the home screens is only possible with 3rd party launchers (I believe) such as launcher pro. Same with resizing them, though in launcher pro's case that is only available with the paid version.

However, if you do decide to go with a 3rd party launcher, some offer the ability to hide apps in the app drawer too, so they can be there but not visible.

OP
P

Petra

Reaction score
Harrellj, thanks so much for the reply.. really.

So how does one go about "rooting" the droid x, and what are the effects of this? (I'm looking up some info on this soon)

Hmm... renaming/resizing apps is a no-go natively. In your experience, would you recommend a third-party launcher?

Best,

Petra