Basic Android Phone

Katt50

Reaction score
I have a friend who just got a Samsung Gem. I've looked up the reviews online and they are not the best. And he's not a very technical person, just needs to get email.
Any suggestions for a good basic phone that will last. He doesn't want anything as big as my EVO 3D, so no high end phones.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who just got a Samsung Gem. I've looked up the reviews online and they are not the best. And he's not a very technical person, just needs to get email.
Any suggestions for a good basic phone that will last. He doesn't want anything as big as my EVO 3D, so no high end phones.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using DroidForums

What carrier?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depending on carrier like jnt said there are several options. Most new phones coming out have 4"+ screens though.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I just recently got my mom to switch from her old flip phone to her first smartphone. I thought it would be best to start her off easy, so she went with the Xperia Play. Pretty standard version of the Android OS, she still has her physical buttons to play games, and it was a free phone (upgrade). It's a great starter phone for new smartphone users.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums