Baseband upgrade?

maximus4

Reaction score
Im on liberty .7, which is fantastic by the way, and I just noticed im on the 7p baseband. Should I be on 12p? Do I need to do the TBH update to get that or is there a nice easy point and click to get it? What is it anyway, and should I bother?
Thanks!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

maximus4

Reaction score
Bump... anyone know? Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Since 0.8 is going to require a data wipe, you should go and grab the 2 part GB files and install that to put you on the stock, rooted OTA and then flash 0.8 once we release it.

sslayer22

Reaction score
will do, thanks kov!

...yeah, what he said! I've been looking for a baseband-only flash but I don't mind starting from a rooted ota; actually I think I'd prefer to be on that than the leak I'm on now.
Thanks again man! Its nice you take the time to give direct support even for the little things. LIBERTY FTW

sslayer22

Reaction score
...I just looked into the 2 step gb process and it requires 2.3.340(which I assumed it would), but then I noticed a 2.3.340 SBF in update.zip format. Is this flashable through stock recovery without the need for a computer?
Thanks for any help

CAP201106121856-1.jpg

...sorry I know this is pretty obvious with the description but this is the first I've ever even heard of SBFing this way. Double checking I guess, this is awesome though

Last edited:

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
...I just looked into the 2 step gb process and it requires 2.3.340(which I assumed it would), but then I noticed a 2.3.340 SBF in update.zip format. Is this flashable through stock recovery without the need for a computer?
Thanks for any help

...sorry I know this is pretty obvious with the description but this is the first I've ever even heard of SBFing this way. Double checking I guess, this is awesome though

I would imagine it would work in clockwork recovery, but don't take my word for it. I've never seen that zip before.

sslayer22

Reaction score
I would imagine it would work in clockwork recovery, but don't take my word for it. I've never seen that zip before.

Sounds like you feel the same about it as I do. I just saw it on the TBH app. I understand what it says it does, but I've never heard of sbf via recovery/clockwork. Im about to try this. 340 sbf update.zip. I'll post here how it goes.

kilahimm

Reaction score
Sounds like the maderstock zip, I havent read of anyone getting back to stock froyo from gingerbread through this method.

sslayer22

Reaction score
Sounds like the maderstock zip, I havent read of anyone getting back to stock froyo from gingerbread through this method.

well you have now! I just flashed it and it took me from gb 2.3.3(4.5.596) to froyo 2.2.1(2.3.340)
you have to wipe EVERYTHING and also you have to use clockwork because it's not signed properly to be used with stock recovery. I renamed it to update.zip, wiped, and "apply sdcard:update.zip" in clockwork. It booted up first time!
successful firmware downgrade without the use of a pc!

i'm on the road to liberty v0.8 so once i was on 2.2.1 i rooted(z4), bootstrapped, and installed rm(just because). i am now flashing the 2 part update process to get me back to 2.3.3(.596 rooted) and hopefully my baseband will get updated along the way to 12

sslayer22

Reaction score
...just had a problem with the TBH 2-part gb upgrade. I installed part 1, it said complete, installed part 2, complete, rebooted system and i have an error:
Bootloader
Err:A5,69,35,00,27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

...uh???

sslayer22

Reaction score
Perhaps that zip isn't as useful as it claims. Might want to sbf and resurrect your phone.

Well it got me to 2.2.1 np, I think I needed the full gb 596 zip instead of the 2-part.
I'll sbf later and use a different zip and see how that goes.

Last edited: