baseband update question

soccer568

Reaction score
As it says in the title Im running bugless beast v1.1 and I saw in rom manager theirs a baseband update. Is it sfe to update my baseband? If I was to unroot I would have my old baseband right?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, baseband is separate from the OS. Some people see signal changes with the baseband update, but it didnt seem to make a difference to me.

OP
S

soccer568

Reaction score
Oh well lets say I was going to unroot my phone would it go back to the default baseband?

OP
S

soccer568

Reaction score
Well isn't it bad to update it then because what if Verizon needed to see my phone and they saw that it had a different baseband?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes if you unroot your phone using the 2.0.1 sbf, it will revert back to stock baseband

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI. After I loaded it I had to reactivate my phone.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
And as another FYI...the baseband was pushed out by Verizon when OTA 2.1-update1 came out....so if you had to take your phone to Verizon......having the one on Rom Manager would be the proper one to have.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have not done this. I frequently do the #1 and #2 option when updating my phone. Don't know if #1 is unnecessary and maybe that's why I got this last time I tried:
"blah blah blah you're phone is already active...this may void your warranty....call such and such for further assistance"

So I'm afraid to update my baseband now if it requires reactivation (note: I just got this message updating to Froyo/2.2 and trying to do update #1 option). Any thoughts?

OP
S

soccer568

Reaction score
Alright thanks for telling me. I'm just scared that if I do update my baseband and I wanted to unroot thy they would be able to tell I updated my baseband.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Yes, the one on Rom Manager under BB is the same one they pushed out when the OTA 2.1-update1 was pushed out...so it is the proper "current" baseband.

Another baseband for OS 2.2 is out but is not on Rom Manager. You don't want that one anyway....so just get the one off Rom Manager and you're good to go.

You may have to reactivate the phone......*228 (or press activate if it pops up) and then choose option 1. Wait....wait....wait...."your phone was successfully activated, goodbye" and you're done.