1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Baseband update = battery drain on 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kameltron7, Jun 9, 2010.

1. kameltron7

kameltron7 New Member

So I am running BB 1.1 and the battery life has been good. I decided to do a baseband update to C_1.43.01P. Since I did it yesterday, my signal seems to be holding at 4 bars more consistently. And I havent experienced any problems.

The weird thing happened today when streaming music from xiaalive. After about 45 minutes of listening to music, with the phone in standby, my battery went from 100% to 60%. I'm thinking that since the baseband update is meant for 2.2 it's not playing nice with 2.1?

Any ideas?
  2. johnatthebar

johnatthebar New Member

I just posed the same question on the droid-life.com post.

I am running Froyo and it seems like since going to baseband 1.43 my 'voice calls' cause far more drain than they ever did. Barring extra long phoen calls my screen was always the biggest consumer of batt power, but now its always voice calls, even when I dont talk on the phone that much. Kind of wondering if I can roll back.
  3. johnatthebar

johnatthebar New Member

check out the link in my sig and I have screen captures showing the issue
  4. Stories

Stories New Member

You know, I flashed the 43 baseband to Cyanogen 5.0.7.1 (a 2.1 ROM) and the battery drain was horrific. I then switched to the Froyo 2.2 leak and my battery life is super. So I think the baseband might take advantage of something within Froyo that Eclair ROMs lack.
  5. johnatthebar

johnatthebar New Member

there may be an additional complication like the ROM you're running, but I'm having this issue with FRF57 (froyo/2.2)
  6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Someone earlier to day was running Froyo but was still using the 2.1 basebands.. and their bars were not accurate anymore.

So, I think its possible that basebands need to stay with whatever update they came with for the best results.

And yea u can roll back to a previous baseband:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/49812-restore-old-baseband.html

For me, the one of the new ones ending with .00R works best on my phone. The good thing is we can tests these things out and use the best one for our phone.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  7. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Have you guys checked your "time without coverage?" It's a weird bug that seems to come up from time to time in different roms.

Menu-settings-about phone-battery use-cell standby

If it shows 50% time without service you've got the bug. Turning airplane mode on, then off after a reboot seems to make it go away. I don't know why. My battery life got better after I noticed this.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/51082-50-cell-signal.html
Search tags for this page

droid x battery drain facebook