Baseband flash for noobs????

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tony1208, Mar 19, 2010.

1. stlcity

stlcity Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before I started when I had the phone connected thru USB, it was listed on RSD lite. Now it is not. I will try the bootloader mode to see. I will try to flash again.

Any ideas why it did not take: flashed the right image though:icon_evil:

2. stlcity

stlcity Member

Ratings:
    +0
    tried flashing 3 times. all times the baseband at the end said 01P. Giving up...root here I come..

3. radar3d

radar3d New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I just don't understand what the need for .03P is??? Also which .sbf are you guys starting with in hopes of getting this .03P?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to try the latest and supposedly greatest. I got my 03P from the rapidshare link over at alldroid.

Since I put on 03P, my GPS stinks. I'll go back to 01P today if it doesn't improve. I'm heading out on a business trip Monday minoring and need to rely on my GPS for uncharted territory.

-Mike

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, I'm done with this new baseband. The stock browser will not pick up my location, Weather Widgets Donate will not pick up my location, and everytime I open Maps I have to click on my location and wait 20-30 seconds for it to update.

Yes, I did the *228 option 1 and option 2. No difference. Back to the more reliable for me 01P baseband.

Oh yeah, the battery life for me was terrible and I had a brand new battery.

-Mike

6. droiduser5

droiduser5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running on XP now with all the latest drivers and updates. ROM flashes fine, but the radio file doesn't. Getting this now in RSD Lite when flashing:

Flashing process. failed Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader, Device API Error 0XE00300009 Address 0x154000 Command:addr (oxe0231009); phone connected

Any ideas? I've switched USB ports and have tried reflashing a dozen times.

edit: Went off without a hitch after I uninstalled the Motorola drivers (and did not reinstall them).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  7. haythem1992

haythem1992 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had that issue, you may even say it picks up my location faster, btw thanks for the idea of removing the drivers it fixed it up in jiffy

8. radar3d

radar3d New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you remove the motorola drivers???

9. haythem1992

haythem1992 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just removed the driver install program installed 4.2 linked on the how to page then clean and install in the driver install program. Btw I'm running win 7 pro 32 bit

10. stlcity

stlcity Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked for me too...removed the USB drivers and The baseband version now says C_01.3E.03P :). Flashed the spiderman logo to change the M...now off to root

11. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder why this is the case? I havent had any of these problems and I actually feel like its just the opposite for me. After I read your earlier post I went and checked to make sure my gps still worked well. I use the gMaps and gps status app often and it seems to be as strong as ever. This may sound odd but have you tried spinning the phone on its three axis to reset the sensors? I have heard this works and I have done it every so often just to make sure. Also my 3g signal seems stronger, battery life is just as good as it was with my usual ese53 cooked rom so I was thinking it was a worthy update.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have not, and that is a good idea. Thanks.

I can't explain this either, Most everyone else reports improvements across the board in the areas I am having issues.

But hey, it gets better. Charged my new battery to 100%. Turned it on, set it next to my bed, and left the house for four hours. No widgets running. I came home, and the battery was down to 20%. Started charging it up, still had all the location issues.

So I said screw it, and started flashing my old baseband SBF. Got up to 97% then it failed out. Now I'm back to trying to boot into Bootloader and getting the "Battery Low, Cannot program" message. Put it on the wall charger for 45 minutes, no improvement in battery strength.

So either I got back to back to back faulty batteries from VZW, or this RSD Lite program is doing something to kill my battery.

-Mike

13. haythem1992

haythem1992 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday I was trying to flash this sbf and I started off with 75% battery and it died DURING the third attempt, luckily it was still creating a phone image, all together it was in bootloader for two hours, due to using a dvd with the sbf on it for the command workaround to work. P.s. has anyone noticed their physical keyboard change color because it seems like mine has gotten whiter.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How about we add another layer of complexity....the battery will not charge when plugged into the wall, the white light won't even come on. Plug it in to the USB, and the white light fires right up, but the battery does not charge. What's more is the "Code Corrupt...Battery Low, Cannot Program" error pops every five minutes and I have to turn it off. No problem sitting here at my desk, but it's going to come on while I am asleep for sure. Sheesh.

I give up. VZW is sending me a new Droid this week, so I'm going to start fresh. Maybe I finally wore this Droid out constantly flashing SBFs, kernels, ROMs, and themes on it. Something has to explain this ridiculous behavior....I don't get decent reception, the battery won't hold a charge, the GPS is spotty at best, and so on. All since I tried moving to the new baseband.

What is a bummer though is put on one of those CF backs from GrafiXpressions, and I just finished the CF wrap all around my Droid last week. I'll have to spend another two hours doing that next week. :(

-Mike

15. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm confused with this baseband thing, what does it do and is their some advantage to upgrading? My current baseband is C-_01.3E.01P.

Search tags for this page

droid x2 baseband flash

droid x2 baseband radio flash

flash baseband droid 3

flash programming for noobs

how to flash a radio android

how to flash baseband and libs on android

how to flash baseband file

motorola droid 3 baseband file flash rsd

motorola droid sbf baseband

no baseband after sbf flash