Baseband clarification, what is the latest?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by arw01, Jun 9, 2010.

1. arw01

arw01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashed to Froyo Monday night:

voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys

baseband is C_03.3E.03P

My wifi works with the FROYO I flashed.
    Bluetooth dialing works
    exchange address suggestion from the server works
    HQ works on youtube
    still cannot find a search for email (the exchange account)
    google voice sms does not show up until some other action occurs, got a couple notices when it notified me of other mail. Mostly I have to refresh to get the sms notification now.

I used sprecovery and most of the instructions I see for baseband update us rom manager.

My question is two pieces:

with sprecovery do you need to EXTRACT the contents of the zip and place it in a folder on the root of the sdcard. Or for a basebank do you just rename it update.zip on the sdcard.

Second

what is the proper steps for me to upgrade to the latest baseband? I am told my phone drops out during conversation, I have only heard it drop talking to other verizon customers. I'd like a bit more volume out of the phone as well for in my ear.

2. DroidFan88

DroidFan88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The most current baseband is C_01.43.01P.

If you go into ROM manager>Stock Images you will see two updates. To do the one above, you have to download and install C_01.41.00R first.

I didn't notice any improvement over what you currently have though. From what I gather, this was supposed to give you more bars in more places and improve 3G but I haven't seen anything yet when I do a speedtest and I have tested it alot.

3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    The 43 baseband definitely improved my signal. In places where I used to max out at 3 bars, I'm now getting a full 5 bars showing.

Good luck and YMMV!!

4. arw01

arw01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What are the update instructions for us sprecovery noobs? Only item I have flashed was this Froyo so not comfortable with the technicalities of which options do what in sprecovery yet.

Does one always use ADVANCED RESTORE?

Do you unpack that zip file?

Why did we unpack it for Froyo but don't need to unpack it for this baseband if we just use update.zip on the /sdcard root.

5. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    the froyo leak was a nandroid, the basebands are "update.zip"

6. BasilofBakerStreet

Ratings:
    +1
  7. arw01

arw01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have Rom Manager, only using SPRecovery. There were a lot of threads of people having trouble with Rom Manager and the baseband updates in the last couple of days.

But i think i've gotten enough tidbits in this thread to put the update.zip in the /sdcard directory and run the update routine in sprecovery.

Would be handy to have a screen shot of the options in sprecovery to make sure I am picking the correct one.

8. timmaaykush

timmaaykush New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    arw01 its really easy all you do is go to install (the last option on main screen of sprecovery) then click allow installation of update.zip (2nd option) and then the next option which is install update.zip WALA your done. reboot and enjoy =] if any doubts you should ALWAYS make a backup before doing so JUST incase. =]

9. arw01

arw01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips. I stumbled my way through yesterday with the baseband update and the latest droid life froyo release. Fixed my google voice notifications. Also improved the bluetooth voice recognition.

10. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +222
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    How are you getting the C_03.3E.03P baseband? Must be a glitch in the system I would assume. I dont believe that is even out yet, if it even gets that number when one reaches that level.

11. Tuktanuk

Tuktanuk Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Bars actually mean nothing. The issue is; too many companies have too many different ways of calculating signal into a "bars" thing. The true test to see if the baseband update actually had an effect is a -Db rating. On 03; I was @ -95Db and on 43.01.P; I am steady @ -103Db. Check the signal strength in about phone before and after you update the baseband to actually see if any improvement was made or not.

12. toadzilla

toadzilla New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Excuse me for the noobieness, but is the -103dBm a negative number? Would not the -95dBm be better? Out beside the dBm is another number with asu beside it what is that and what does that mean? Mine is 0 asu. Thanks for your comments/help.

Search tags for this page
how to read baseband android
latest s4 baseband version
upgrade android baseband version

what is android baseband

what is baseband version (android)
what's new on android system update baseband