Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 8, 2010.
Haha yeah, the baseband isn't changed by ROMs, because it's a hardware thing, and it's from Moto.
What is the most current baseband as of right now? I remember updating my baseband several months back, but i don't know if any new ones are out or any that might be better than what i have at the moment.
I would like to know this too! Would be nice if there was a updated and better radio for the D1. I get anywhere from 2-4 bars (out of 5) in Hawaii.
^ .01P is the newest. Doubtful we'll see another.
k i got a few questions about this
1. what does it change/do
2. is it permanent or can i restore my old baseband
3. someone has to upload a new link, this one is suspended website.
4. why is it recommended by pete in his website for gpa14
1. Like a driver change for your radio
2. No or yes
4. I'm guessing because it's the most current
ty but it didnt really answer much for me.
1im not sure what a radio is
2. so is it possible to backup my old baseband if i make a backup (and how do i make a backup of it)
1. The radio is what connects you to a tower.
2. You can just flash back to an older baseband. They are all on Pete's site.
ok so like what does it do? give better connection and faster 3g?
^Theoretically but most likely not much different. Are you sure you're not already on .O1P?
Thank of the baseband as drivers for your phone's cellular connection. Many folks have found that the newest does not necessarily give the best connection. I am in that boat, and I truely believe it is related to where you live, and the age of your system, and especially if you roam much, or use affiliated towers at all. While I have a Verizon phone, our local tower is US Cellular, and I often roam to other towers maintained by non-verizon companies. With the latest baseband, I get zip at our ranch over in the next county.
As Poon pointed out, you flash the one you want to try, and to get back to an older version you have to flash the older version. You also will have to do the *228 to update roaming (prl). I would say if you are in a big mainstream area, try the newest. If you are more fringe like I am, you may need to test the various ones.
kk, well the gpa14 already has the newest one flashed. imma just keep it. thanks for the help