Baseband and Droid Signal Strength Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gflam, Aug 4, 2010.

1. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

From what I understand the closer to zero your signal strength the better. For instance my phone's signal strength is usually around -95 dBm. This apparently would be considered bad signal strength. I've tried all of the basebands and have been running the C_01.3E.03P baseband but upgraded today to the latest one (C_01.43.01P) but still had the same signal strength. Why is this I've heard of people with their signal strength around -50dBm using the same baseband. My bars are almost always at full and I always have 3G so why the bad signal strength?
  2. deaf leppy

deaf leppy New Member

Curious to see the answer to this one, wish I could help.
  3. gavron

gavron New Member

4. sockmess

sockmess New Member

I have something werid related to this. Here in Biloxi Mississippi I usually have at least 2- to full signal strength accoridng to the bars. But as I send a call out or receive a call all that signal is dropped to no bars. This only happens when I'm inside the building I sleep in, outdoors I don't have this issue. Thanks to this post, I actually checked my signal strength and I'm at -102 even with full bars but I have 0 asu I think it was called. Why do the bars lie to me?
  5. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Signal strength has WAY more to do with your location than any update file. Unless those people you heard about were standing in the exact same location as you, you can forget about making any comparison between their signal and yours. A proper comparison is to use two phones - one with the new baseband and one with the old, and test them in the same locations to see which has a higher signal strength. Also keep in mind that signal strength is not the only thing that may change with a baseband update. You might get higher data speed, voice quality, or functionality without seeing the signal strength measurement change at all.
Search tags for this page
dbm asu
dbm asu hack network
dbm hack android
dbm hack for android
galaxy s2 -113dbm 0asu
hack my dbm and asu
is 95 dbm good signal strenght?
s4 signal strength dbm/asu
signal strength 95 dbm
signal strength 95 dbm full form
signal strength 95dbm