Barnacle Tether for PSP

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
So my house's wifi is protected by WPA2-PSK and unfortunately my PSP doesn't support that. I wanted to use Barnacle to be able to play on the internet with my PSP but I can't seem to get it to work. I start up Barnacle and then scan for the networks on my PSP but it doesn't find Barnacle. My PS3 doesn't seem to find it either when I scan but my computer does. Can anyone help me out?

Xerozix

Reaction score
Does your PSP show any unsupported networks?

My PSP as well does not find my Droid, most likely because the Droid is a network group and the PSP doesn't support that.

pinesal

Reaction score
Does your PSP show any unsupported networks?

My PSP as well does not find my Droid, most likely because the Droid is a network group and the PSP doesn't support that.

Now I'm not an expert on networking or anything but from what I can remember. the PSP only supports ad-hoc connections and the DROID only supports AP connections?

PCs can do both, that's why it's not a problem on a computer.

Correct me if I am wrong please.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Pinesal: Almost right.

The PSP also supports Infrastructure networks, which is literally WiFi.

The difference between Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc is that Ad-Hoc requires no routing base, and can access external networks. Ad-hoc is strictly PSP to PSP, which is what the Droid also does. It performs as a Ad-Hoc device to your PC/Laptop, and that's why it'll show up as a network device on your Mac.

I need to look at the wireless tether software on the phones to see if I can modify them to perform on an infrastructure network, but I highly doubt it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why not just hardwire the PSP?