Barnacle connect to Blu-Ray player?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by newhavendave, Jun 13, 2010.

1. newhavendave

newhavendave New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all!

Well, I successfully rooted my phone and have Barnacle up and running for my laptop, however, I would also love to connect it to my Sony S570. Unfortunately, the connection options are very limited in the menu. Has anyone had any success or advice for things to try?

At this point I am thinking I will have to connect my laptop to the player in order to stream unless there are some hidden options I can get into to enable ad-hoc.

Thanks

-Dave

2. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Lol, i dont mean to do any arm to your thread but what does this have to do with android hacks? i know you mentioned you had a rooted phone, but thats not what your question is about..... Maybe the Sony S570 has forums more adequate for helping you. And to attempt to help you: what kind of laptop? Does it have an hdmi port you could plug it into? If not, i dout the actual blueray player will support adhoc, but i could be wrong. (i dont know much about the player, mine is my PS3.)

3. newhavendave

newhavendave New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good points! I had found a similar Barnacle thread here for PS3 and was hoping to perform duplicate efforts. Thanks.

Just a plain old IBM T40, I was hoping to patch together with an Ethernet cable.

4. ilikemoneygreen

Ratings:
    +15
    after a quick google search it looks like their are some people having wifi problems with it, you should just search google like a "cyber hawk" and find the solution. Sorry i cant be more help, I did try though...(i just dont have concentration right now to search hard for your answer.... maybe later with some coffee)

5. ilikemoneygreen

Ratings:
    +15
    Well i can tell you how to gateway your pc into giving the player a connection... thats simple, is that what your trying to do?

6. newhavendave

newhavendave New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha, thanks, I understand your situation! I very much appreciate the efforts. I searched for info about the S570 but was unable to procure anything of value, maybe my googling skills are lacking!

I would not mind learning how to do a gateway for the player, but only if it is quick to explain, I have not googled it yet but sure that should be fairly easy to find. Thanks bub!

7. ilikemoneygreen

Ratings:
    +15
    its at the bottom of my guide. lol i know it looks long but it took me like 1min to do it. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/49287-how-let-ps3-run-off-3g.html

"1: go to my network places , select view network connections from the side bar.........

2: select the network connection which is connected to the LAN or hub and go to its property by rightclicking it

3: go to tcp/ip properties fron it and select advance tab

4: their you find Internet Connection Sharing check boxes , select Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection

5.You can enable or disable the allowing of other users to control the connection—users don't need to be able to control the connection to use it.

6.Under Internet Connection Firewall, select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box for this network card, unless you have another firewall between the computer and the Internet. This is very important.

7.Click OK, and Internet Connection Sharing will be enabled.

Note: You must have administrative rights to enable ICS. After enabling ICS, verify that Internet connectivity is still functional on the host computer before testing the client computers. Remember to leave the host computer on all the time or turn it on before the other networked computers, so the client computers can request an IP address from the host. "

Search tags for this page
barnacle with sony blueray
blu ray player tethering
how can i connect my droid razr to my samsung bd player
how do i pair my droid with samsung blue ray
how to connect blu rays to the phones throw usb

how to tether android to blu ray

how to tether internet to blueray
share blue ray internet signal with android phone

tether android to blu ray

usb tether s4 active with blueray player