Barcode Scanner for Android

fandroid1

Reaction score
I use this for two weeks. Pretty good, but the item has to be completely still in order to scan. The operation Is very simple, just launch the application it your mobile, focus the bar code so the cue WHICH IS That Presented as a red line Is The Center Of The Code. Then, just one second or Two n That the reader interprets the product and offers a menu Sucha’ve Automatically open your browser and get on the product page.

Barcode Scanner. Scan barcodes on CDs, books, and other products, then look up prices and reviews, or search for a word in a book and find where it occurs. You can also scan QR Codes containing URLs, contact info, calendar events, and more. Features: contact sharing, improved QR Code decoding, and added Chinese translation.:icon_ banana:

10551_thumb.jpg

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I've used it to compare costs, I mainly use in on the Androlib.com app website. I find the app there and then use Barcode to find it in the Market.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Reaction score
Is there a scanner app that would read a business card, or an ID badge worn at a trade show? It would be called a lead retrieval system.

Thanks
Don

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Froze my Droid

Just tried Barcode Scanner on my up-to-date non-rooted Droid 1 and it froze up my Droid after the first scan where it sent the resulting data to Google for a lookup. This was the first time anything caused my Droid to freeze up. After a battery pull, I uninstalled Barcode Scanner. But I learned that what this BS app does is use my camera to read the barcode and send the information to Google. It might be just as easy to open Google, enter the numbers of the barcode manually, and have Google look it up from there. Probably saves battery, not using the camera, and less troublesome than trying to get the camera to focus on the barcode.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just tried Barcode Scanner on my up-to-date non-rooted Droid 1 and it froze up my Droid after the first scan where it sent the resulting data to Google for a lookup. This was the first time anything caused my Droid to freeze up. After a battery pull, I uninstalled Barcode Scanner.

Interesting. This was one of the first apps I've had since I got the Droid back in November and it's never caused a problem or battery drain.

Is there a scanner app that would read a business card, or an ID badge worn at a trade show? It would be called a lead retrieval system.

Thanks
Don

There are a lot of Business Card apps, but mainly they take a picture.

Last edited:

barcode123

Reaction score
ask for advice

I use this for two weeks. Pretty good, but the item has to be completely still in order to scan. The operation Is very simple, just launch the application it your mobile, focus the bar code so the cue WHICH IS That Presented as a red line Is The Center Of The Code. Then, just one second or Two n That the reader interprets the product and offers a menu Sucha’ve Automatically open your browser and get on the product page.

Barcode Scanner. Scan barcodes on CDs, books, and other products, then look up prices and reviews, or search for a word in a book and find where it occurs. You can also scan QR Codes containing URLs, contact info, calendar events, and more. Features: contact sharing, improved QR Code decoding, and added Chinese translation.:icon_ banana:

10551_thumb.jpg

You developed this or you just used this software? recently, I am thinking of develop a software based on barcode generator. And I plan to buy it from a barcode genenrator provider, do you guys think it is worthy to do this?