Banned Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
I noticed that quite a few apps are banned or they have trouble connecting to their remote servers. There have been many apps banned such as the Caller ID app (which I forgot the name), the old TubeDownloader, etc. What I have noticed is that many of the APKs are floating around on third party forums and/or filesharing networks.

Is there any place to find said apps and the reason for their ban?

And does anyone remember the name of the awesome caller id app?

Sent from my Droid running Simply Stunning @ 1GHz

Boardwalk30

Reaction score
I was thinking about this same thing... I have an app on my phone called "Music Junk" and it was a huge app (>250,000 for a long time) and it disappeared on the market. It is still functional on my phone, as the search engines it uses are public. My question is how can i get the APK off of my phone. My friend wants the app and it is a free app, and therefore isn't against the rules of this forum or of Google's Terms of Service to get the APK, and therefore help would be appreciated.

To OP: Sorry for asking a question on your thread, but it is a similar problem, and the answer to this could answer both of our questions.

peterjariel

Reaction score
I was thinking about this same thing... I have an app on my phone called "Music Junk" and it was a huge app (>250,000 for a long time) and it disappeared on the market. It is still functional on my phone, as the search engines it uses are public. My question is how can i get the APK off of my phone. My friend wants the app and it is a free app, and therefore isn't against the rules of this forum or of Google's Terms of Service to get the APK, and therefore help would be appreciated.

To OP: Sorry for asking a question on your thread, but it is a similar problem, and the answer to this could answer both of our questions.

I guess u can find the app on the phone using root explorer or something like it, then move it to the SD card then connect ur phone to ur PC and move the app to ur PC then to the other phone. ive never tried it but i think i would work.

Boardwalk30

Reaction score

I guess u can find the app on the phone using root explorer or something like it, then move it to the SD card then connect ur phone to ur PC and move the app to ur PC then to the other phone. ive never tried it but i think i would work.

I searched for APK with Astro (I bought root explorer, but un-rooted myself because my power button is wearing out and i might need to replace my phone) and it came up with all the APKs for the stock apps. I can't seem to find anything on the app... Do i have to be rooted perhaps to get the APK?

dbutters

Reaction score

Use Titanium Backup or a similar backup program, it will back up all your apps to your SD card as APK files.

Boardwalk30

Reaction score

Use Titanium Backup or a similar backup program, it will back up all your apps to your SD card as APK files.

Haha! It Worked! Thank you so much! I love this forum and it's members!

motodroid34

Reaction score
I noticed that quite a few apps are banned or they have trouble connecting to their remote servers. There have been many apps banned such as the Caller ID app (which I forgot the name), the old TubeDownloader, etc. What I have noticed is that many of the APKs are floating around on third party forums and/or filesharing networks.

The guy who made the caller Id app has been sued.
Can remember exactly what happen but looks like that app was already out by some company.

Any way I think that’s the reason why the app is not available any more.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just so we are clear requesting links for any warez is against forum rules. This Caller ID is in a grey area, however if I link is posted to an area that carries warez such link would be removed.

Request for APK for Music Junk is not allowed. The reason it was taken off the market was because it's considered stealing music so we do not allow that here in the Droid Forums.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This Caller ID is in a grey area, however if I link is posted to an area that carries warez such link would be removed.

Not a Grey area the Developer was served a C&D court order to comply in taking it off the market.

And as Hook has touched on, Appz or Warez here will get you a Vacation.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Caller ID is in a grey area, however if I link is posted to an area that carries warez such link would be removed.

Not a Grey area the Developer was served a C&D court order to comply in taking it off the market.

And as Hook has touched on, Appz or Warez here will get you a Vacation.

The reason for this is the misuse and abuse made by many people. While it can be a fun joke to play on a friend from time to time, that type of app has been used to call police and fire stations reporting certain things happening (when in fact nothing was happening). There was a story on this a couple months back, i'm quite sure that has alittle to do with why this app is no longer around.

Status
Not open for further replies.